• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Meetup in June?

surfj9009

imported post

Sorry I didn't make it. I have had no time at all for myself even these last 3 weeks, and so hopefully I can go next time. Hope it went well though. I look forward to some details...

How many were there?

David.Car

imported post

surfj9009 wrote:
Sorry I didn't make it. I have had no time at all for myself even these last 3 weeks, and so hopefully I can go next time. Hope it went well though. I look forward to some details...

How many were there?
Not going to go into details since Dave said he was going to do a report, but it was a group of 4.

just_a_car

imported post

Not too shabby, but I know you guys have a lot more OC'ers over there. I would've thought with this much notice that a few more would show, but 4 isn't anything to sneeze at.

Shy_Panda

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Not too shabby, but I know you guys have a lot more OC'ers over there. I would've thought with this much notice that a few more would show, but 4 isn't anything to sneeze at.
Would have been there were I even in the Northwest. Glad that some showed up, even if larger meetings have been arranged in the little town of Pullman.

SlacK

imported post

i think one of the problems was, we didn't even decide for a time, or place to meet
until the night before, i was lucky to be able to go, as i just happened to not have to
work on saturday, i think in the future it would be better to get everything
set in stone at least 2 weeks before. That way people like me can arrange to
get the time off of work. Yes, i would gladly take a day off of work to be
able to go to an all day oc outing.

just_a_car

imported post

Don't worry, it's not just you East Siders. Us "Left" siders have the same problem of coming up with a location, time and date a day or two ahead of time. Last time that happened, there were only 4 of us, so you guys didn't do too badly.

BobR

imported post

I think that with a couple of weeks notice the turnout could be better. Then again, it is hard to tell for sure. I am one of those guys who works every other weekend and the option ofrequesting time off has to be months in advance. So I can only catch the outings if they are on my weekends off.

I didn't hear anything on the news about an armed band roaming around hoopfest, so you guys must not be in jail. It would be interesting to hear how it went with such a large crowd though.

bob

surfj9009

imported post

I am really sorry i couldn't make it, but Damn.....I have been so busy....I haven't had any time to myself for at least 3 weeks. And thats no excuse I know, but you all have no idea....sorry again. Next time for sure!

David.Car

imported post

From what I gathered it just seemed like the majority of people happened to be busy on the saturday and a lot of people weren't even in town.

I am looking forward to the next meet up having more people. I have at least 1 friend who wants me to let him know when the next one is so he could possibly check it out.

As far as hoopfest, it was too crowded for anyone to notice (IMO). With a crowd that large people are just looking at the back of the head of the person in front of them as everyone tries to squeeze their way through the crowds.

The first person I really noticed staring was a kid that was 2 feet away from my strong side and his head was at belt height.

Shy_Panda

imported post

Is anyone up for a meet the last week in July or mabey first week of august in Spokizzle? I will be back in town during that time frame and am wanting to have a meet up with everyone seeing as how I still havent met hardly anyone up in Spokane save surf and bob. Let me know the interest level cause if not then I will just have to go about OCing by my lonesome as if it were just another day. Also I was trying to throw together a pullman meet on the 30th...ish if anyone is interested, obviously that one is still open to a lot of change but I would prefer it being the same time frame.

David.Car

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Is anyone up for a meet the last week in July or mabey first week of august in Spokizzle? I will be back in town during that time frame and am wanting to have a meet up with everyone seeing as how I still havent met hardly anyone up in Spokane save surf and bob. Let me know the interest level cause if not then I will just have to go about OCing by my lonesome as if it were just another day. Also I was trying to throw together a pullman meet on the 30th...ish if anyone is interested, obviously that one is still open to a lot of change but I would prefer it being the same time frame.
I am absolutely down for it, but I think it might be best to start up a new thread for it. :)

Dave The Welder

imported post

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted yet on the Spokane issue. This week has been so busy. I also have to post the pictures tanman and myself OCing at the Pullman 4th of July party in the park. I'll get them up soon. Thanks for being patient.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Sorry this took so long guys, I've been very busy. I'm still short on time so I'll let somebody else fill in the details but four of us showed up and we ended up heading downtown to watch Hoopfest, which is the countries largest three on three basketball tournament. The entire downtown area was blocked off and there were solid half courts back to back along all the streets. I saw at least 50-75 games going on at the same time. There were 25,000 players and 175,000 spectators all crowded into the streets of downtown. We walked right threw them, had lunch at a restaurant downtown, and watched a few games. Nobody seemed to even look down. On the way out we ran into a couple of security guards that knew one of the Spokane OCers and we stopped to talk with them. They noticed our sidearms but didn't say anything. All in all, a good experience.

Edit: I'm on the far right, Trainer62 is the second from the right. The other two will have to tag themselves as I'm sure I'll get the names mixed up. Sorry about that.

Dave The Welder

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
Is anyone up for a meet the last week in July or mabey first week of august in Spokizzle? I will be back in town during that time frame and am wanting to have a meet up.
Why don't you guys all plan on coming down to the Tri-Cities for some shooting at the range in the morning and some OCing around town in the afternoon?