• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

three_horseshoes

imported post

I understand the school, alcohol, and government agencies that do not allow OC.

However, do you have to have a permit to OC or is it just concealed?

Do you have to have permission or just do it?

I guess I'm confussed on that issue.

Thanks for the great site.

PS Don't let Tussing get you down, he's almost out of there...and I'm almost out of here!!

JBinMontana

imported post

MountainGator wrote:
TH, what do you 'understand' about alcohol?? The Map on this site states that in Montana, in a place that serves Alcohol you MUST Open Carry. Is that your understanding?
Yep you can carry open in a place that serves it, now the bartender can ask you to leave if they want to and the same goes for a food place that serves and pours for consumption.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
MountainGator wrote:
TH, what do you 'understand' about alcohol?? The Map on this site states that in Montana, in a place that serves Alcohol you MUST Open Carry. Is that your understanding?
Yep you can carry open in a place that serves it, now the bartender can ask you to leave if they want to and the same goes for a food place that serves and pours for consumption.
JB, I talked to Mt_Gunny the other day and told him of a conversation I had with an Assistant Attorney General the other day who said it is also legal to carry openly in a bank but you must also follow the rules and desires of the Bank Manager if he/she asks you to leave when doing so!!

MountainGator

imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
MountainGator wrote:
Again (& again ;)) JB I couldn't agree more (with you). My Point was (to TH) what does HE (she?) understand. From the way the origional post was construced, I DEDUCED that TH assumed that the statements in 45-8-328 applied to Open Carry, and quite simply just like in the "Where is OC NOT allowed?" thread, they Do NOT!