• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Report - Tulalip, Marysville, Lake Stevens

esstac

imported post

Not to side track the OP post, but I would like to ad my experiance in the Tulalip Walmart.

July 3rd my wife and myself along with 3 family friends stoped in Walmart to pick up supplies for our camping trip over the weekend. I was OCin and my wife was CCin, Our friend John was also OCin, I had a dark camo hoodie on and it was rather hard to see my Glock, John had a Tan shirt on and his was easily seen by anyone. The other 2 with us was Johns wife and another Gal.

We had been in the store for over an hour and done some shopping and then we headed to the sporting goods counter witch was quite packed. My wife an I stood in line and John and his wife stood behind us waiting to purchase ammo, there was quite a few people ahead of us as well as behind and it took a good 20 minutes before we were served.

We purchased our ammo(quite a few rounds :cool: ) and proceded to walk away to look around while John and his wife purchased there ammo. As I turned away and put my back to the counter the older gentleman in a loud voice said "SIR" so I turned around and said Yah, he then asked in a loud tone if I was police to witch I replied No. He then Stated I am not aloud to carry my firearm in Walmart and I needed to take it to my car. I was kinda stunned as I was not expecting any issues here with every one elses experiances. I asked if it was Corprate policy and this kinda set him back for a second with a deer in headlights look, after a few seconds he said it was and I need to take it to my car to witch I said it wasn't, he then took a bigger stance twords me saying it was and repeated the "take to car" . At this point I was not going to argue with someone who is not stating facts so I said whatever and pushed my cart away and walked down the main isle at witch time I kicked on my recorder waiting for a further incident.

A few minutes later our 3 freinds joined us and they were laughing pretty hard. I guess after I rounded the corner he stated to my friend and his wife who were next in line as well to the other Walmart employee behind the counter and loud enough for the 20+ people around the counter to hear.

"He is carrying a glock on his hip"

"Can you belive that guy"

The Other Walmart employee added, "Yah kinda creapy"

He kept saying more but John cannot remember it all right now. Now remember John was also OCin with his Glock clearly visable while the Walmart employee was saying this to him :lol:

So after they met back up with us all 5 of us discussed what had just happened we decided I had not been asked to leave so we continued on with our shopping. About another half hours worth and then we got in line, our checkout lady was a "Co-Manager" and looked at my Glock a few times and never said a word and had no issues the rest of the time.

We then left to Winco and had 0 issues there OCin

The guy behind the Sporting goods counter has been there many times in the past when I have been there purchasing firearms or ammo, but those times I was CCin.

Forgot I had kicked on my audio recorder directly after the incident fully expecting to be confronted again witch never came so I will add the initial responce from all of us when John and his wife and our other freind cought up with us.

FYI incase anyone wants to know how it was recorded, its the iTalk attachment for my ipod.

Edited to add: also had a guy aproach us as we were heading to the checkout counter who I guess was at the sporting goods counter also, he fully offered his support to us and disdane for how the Walmart employee acted.

Attachments

• walmart.mp3
    962.5 KB · Views: 99
  • walmart.mp3
    962.5 KB · Views: 98

Bear 45/70

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Oh I remember. Thats why I said Sen. Sheldon is wrong as far as Tulalip goes. I would imagine he has looked into the qualifications of the tribal police way over yonder where you guys are at.
As far as I know there is onlyone on the Skok, an ex-stater who got canned for nailing another officer's wifeon the hood of his cruiser while on duty. Then again he may not qualify anymore.
rolleyes.gif

joeroket

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Oh I remember. Thats why I said Sen. Sheldon is wrong as far as Tulalip goes. I would imagine he has looked into the qualifications of the tribal police way over yonder where you guys are at.
As far as I know there is onlyone on the Skok, an ex-stater who got canned for nailing another officer's wifeon the hood of his cruiser while on duty. Then again he may not qualify anymore.
rolleyes.gif
Let's hope he doesn't qualify anymore.