Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPEN CARRY ON HORSEBACK

Post imported post

LAST YEAR I OBTAINED MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT TO PROTECT ME AND MY NEW BABY. I FIGURED, WHY STOP THERE WHEN I COULD CARRYWHILE I'M RIDING MY HORSE. I GOT A HIP HOLSTER AND NOW I RIDE WITH MYPISTOL OUT IN THE OPEN. THE PEOPLE IN MY HOMETOWN ARE O.K. WITH IT AND I EVEN GO INTO LOCAL STORES WITH IT OUT IN THE OPEN. BEFORE I HAD THE GUN, MEN WOULD MAKE DIRTY COMMENTS TO ME AND SOMETIMES EVEN TRY TO FOLLOW ME HOME. I USED TO FEEL SO VULNERABLE, BUT NOW THAT I OPEN CARRY WITH A .38 ON MY HIP, I'M AMAZED AT HOW MUCH THE MEN SHOW RESPECT TOWARDS ME. I THINK OPEN CARRY IS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO STOPPROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO START.

Post imported post

Good for you.

Welcome to the forum.

I too carry to protect my family, but I was not as vulnerable as you, and so I am proud of you and I wish more young women, like you, would say enough is enough, and take charge of their lives.

Well Done!

Tarzan

Post imported post

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA wrote:
    LAST YEAR I OBTAINED MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT TO PROTECT ME AND MY NEW BABY. I FIGURED, WHY STOP THERE WHEN I COULD CARRYWHILE I'M RIDING MY HORSE. I GOT A HIP HOLSTER AND NOW I RIDE WITH MYPISTOL OUT IN THE OPEN. THE PEOPLE IN MY HOMETOWN ARE O.K. WITH IT AND I EVEN GO INTO LOCAL STORES WITH IT OUT IN THE OPEN. BEFORE I HAD THE GUN, MEN WOULD MAKE DIRTY COMMENTS TO ME AND SOMETIMES EVEN TRY TO FOLLOW ME HOME. I USED TO FEEL SO VULNERABLE, BUT NOW THAT I OPEN CARRY WITH A .38 ON MY HIP, I'M AMAZED AT HOW MUCH THE MEN SHOW RESPECT TOWARDS ME. I THINK OPEN CARRY IS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO STOPPROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO START.
    That's HOT. I mean HOT.

I love it when a woman wants to protect herself ( and family) and ESPECIALLY "straps" on a 6 shooter and RIDES down the road on a HORSE.

PICTURE(s) will do:celebrate. Oh yeah:celebrate.

Oh welcome BTW. What kinda shooter is it ? What kinda horse is it ?

TJ

Post imported post

I DON'T THINK MY HUSBAND WOULD LIKE ME POSTING A BUNCH OF PICS ON HERE :what:BUT, IT'S A ROSSI .38 AND THE RIDE IS A 1990 MODEL ARABIAN. HAHA

Post imported post

That's great! I wonder which gets more looks, a woman riding the horse to public places, or openly carrying??

I have OC'ed while riding trails just where we board our horses (including an '80 Arabian, lol!), but never on horseback in public. That's a great picture!

Here in Ohio, you wouldn't have to worry about the "motor vehicle" bans either!

Congrats on the new baby!

Post imported post

SINCE THE GAS PRICES HAVE WENT THROUGH THE ROOF, I'VE BEEN WALKING TO THESTORE WITH THE GUN ON MY HIP,AND MY LITTLE GIRL IN A STROLLER. TODAY, A SHERRIFS CAR PULLED UP BEHIND ME. I THOUGHT I'D BE IN TROUBLE, BUT HE WAS JUST STOPPING TO SAY HI ANDSAID THAT HE SEE'S ME OUT RIDING THE HORSE WITH THE GUN A LOT, AND HE WISHED THAT EVERYONE WORE THEIRS OUT IN THE OPEN. HE SAIDHE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I WAS BREAKING NO LAWS BY DOING SO.

Post imported post

SINCE THE GAS PRICES HAVE WENT THROUGH THE ROOF, I'VE BEEN WALKING TO THESTORE WITH THE GUN ON MY HIP,AND MY LITTLE GIRL IN A STROLLER. TODAY, A SHERRIFS CAR PULLED UP BEHIND ME. I THOUGHT I'D BE IN TROUBLE, BUT HE WAS JUST STOPPING TO SAY HI ANDSAID THAT HE SEE'S ME OUT RIDING THE HORSE WITH THE GUN A LOT, AND HE WISHED THAT EVERYONE WORE THEIRS OUT IN THE OPEN. HE SAIDHE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I WAS BREAKING NO LAWS BY DOING SO.
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebratePPM, we need MORE of those type of LEO's around. I am seriously jealous. WAY TO GO.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Good Luck,

TJ

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum!!!!
    Please do not use all capitol letters, it is bad manners, ty

Post imported post

I'M FROM WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE MORE MANNERS IN MY FINGER THAN MOST DO IN THEIR WHOLE BODY. USING PHRASES SUCH AS LOL AND OMG,IS CONSIDERED BAD MANNERS IN MY OPINION. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME.

Post imported post

I'M FROM WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE MORE MANNERS IN MY FINGER THAN MOST DO IN THEIR WHOLE BODY. USING PHRASES SUCH AS LOL AND OMG,IS CONSIDERED BAD MANNERS IN MY OPINION. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME.
    Feisty

TJ

Post imported post

THANKS. OH, BY THE WAY, WHATS A LEO?

Post imported post

OH, DUH, NEVERMIND. I FIGURED IT OUT. HAD A BLONDE MOMENT THERE. HEHE

Post imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
    Feisty

TJ
    And we wouldn't have them anyother way!

I'm a bit late, but welcome to OCO PISTOL PACKIN MAMA!

Just fwiw, typing in all caps is considered shouting on the net and somewhat rude. It doesn't really ammount to a hill of beans though.

Post imported post

thats what my husband said.

thanks for the welcome.

Post imported post

MAMA a friend of mine told me to look at your posts. He figured I’d like your style. He was right.
    I don’t have horses anymore but I do ride a Kawasaki Vulcan most of the time. Often over long distances and often with my 11 year old daughter. Normally if I’m carrying I put on a long shirt so as not to attract attention. I may have to rethink that...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

When i first moved to the village I live in, there was a couple that lived out a ways in the country that would ride their horses in on Saturday morning to eat breakfast at a local diner. Kind of neat seeing the horses tied up outside the diner in the middle of town. Haven't seen them in maybe ten years now.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I DON'T THINK MY HUSBAND WOULD LIKE ME POSTING A BUNCH OF PICS ON HERE
    ok.. so only post one.. and block out your face/etc. We just wanna see someone carry on a horse that is not JohnWayne.

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

See I told you, you'd like her thinking Mel! I think its great she rides horseback
    and carrying. Of course you on your bike and ocing would be very hot indeed!

Timbo

Post imported post

Oubliette, why not. I think it ends problems before they start. I was washing my truck one day over by the barn and a rough looking guy came walking towards me. I saw him notice the gun on my hip, and then the sign posted on my barn that says "NO TRESPASSING, VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT, SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN." He quickly turned and walked the other way. I found out later that he was looking for a ride, but Im glad he saw "the signs" I thinkI avoided a confrontation.

Post imported post

hahaha. alright maybe one pic of the gunslinger.

Post imported post

I'm glad you got armed, before yourself or a family member got hurt. I keep an AK47 by my bed, I've got a 9mm automatic(Ruger P95) and an SKS, too. Most of these thugs you've encountered, they have faced no consquences beyond either the belt or a grounding.

My Dad is ex-USAF, ifhe had gotten a report on me talking to a woman like you described; I'd have been doing extra duty for at least 6 months. These thugs only respect bullets, now that WV has the .'Devil's Law'.

Said law states that, if isn't homicide; a first time offender must be released into its parent(s) custody. Gang rapists, torturers, kidnappers, arsonists and like filth are even now prowling our woods, roads, hollows, rivers, and streets. Open gun carry is most probably the sole thing that makes them behave.

I'd be honored to meet both you and husband someday, I wish he'd start posting as I consider the both of you to be friends. Too badI'm in Clay County, I could teach you two to soot my AK, you could teach me to rie a horse.

Steel be with you, Mini14

Post imported post

I hear ya. To many weirdos and not enough rope. hehe

Post imported post

Just a thought, I do believe that asking women to post pictures of themselves on a discussion board is a bit impolite. You like to look at pictures of women with guns there are special websites for that. Try showing some respect here.

Post imported post

I prefer a firing squadfor the evil doers, but I share your sentiments; Pistol Packing Mama.

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

How did you get your horse acclimated to the sound of gunfire, if you happen to have to defend yourself while astride?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast