• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY ON HORSEBACK

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA

imported post

LAST YEAR I OBTAINED MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT TO PROTECT ME AND MY NEW BABY. I FIGURED, WHY STOP THERE WHEN I COULD CARRYWHILE I'M RIDING MY HORSE. I GOT A HIP HOLSTER AND NOW I RIDE WITH MYPISTOL OUT IN THE OPEN. THE PEOPLE IN MY HOMETOWN ARE O.K. WITH IT AND I EVEN GO INTO LOCAL STORES WITH IT OUT IN THE OPEN. BEFORE I HAD THE GUN, MEN WOULD MAKE DIRTY COMMENTS TO ME AND SOMETIMES EVEN TRY TO FOLLOW ME HOME. I USED TO FEEL SO VULNERABLE, BUT NOW THAT I OPEN CARRY WITH A .38 ON MY HIP, I'M AMAZED AT HOW MUCH THE MEN SHOW RESPECT TOWARDS ME. I THINK OPEN CARRY IS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO STOPPROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO START.

tarzan1888

imported post

Good for you.

Welcome to the forum.

I too carry to protect my family, but I was not as vulnerable as you, and so I am proud of you and I wish more young women, like you, would say enough is enough, and take charge of their lives.

Well Done!

Tarzan

UTOC-45-44

imported post

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA wrote:
LAST YEAR I OBTAINED MY CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT TO PROTECT ME AND MY NEW BABY. I FIGURED, WHY STOP THERE WHEN I COULD CARRYWHILE I'M RIDING MY HORSE. I GOT A HIP HOLSTER AND NOW I RIDE WITH MYPISTOL OUT IN THE OPEN. THE PEOPLE IN MY HOMETOWN ARE O.K. WITH IT AND I EVEN GO INTO LOCAL STORES WITH IT OUT IN THE OPEN. BEFORE I HAD THE GUN, MEN WOULD MAKE DIRTY COMMENTS TO ME AND SOMETIMES EVEN TRY TO FOLLOW ME HOME. I USED TO FEEL SO VULNERABLE, BUT NOW THAT I OPEN CARRY WITH A .38 ON MY HIP, I'M AMAZED AT HOW MUCH THE MEN SHOW RESPECT TOWARDS ME. I THINK OPEN CARRY IS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO STOPPROBLEMS BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO START.

That's HOT. I mean HOT.

I love it when a woman wants to protect herself ( and family) and ESPECIALLY "straps" on a 6 shooter and RIDES down the road on a HORSE.

PICTURE(s) will do:celebrate. Oh yeah:celebrate.

Oh welcome BTW. What kinda shooter is it ? What kinda horse is it ?

TJ

JSK333

imported post

That's great! I wonder which gets more looks, a woman riding the horse to public places, or openly carrying?? :)

I have OC'ed while riding trails just where we board our horses (including an '80 Arabian, lol!), but never on horseback in public. That's a great picture!

Here in Ohio, you wouldn't have to worry about the "motor vehicle" bans either!
;)

Congrats on the new baby!

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA

imported post

SINCE THE GAS PRICES HAVE WENT THROUGH THE ROOF, I'VE BEEN WALKING TO THESTORE WITH THE GUN ON MY HIP,AND MY LITTLE GIRL IN A STROLLER. TODAY, A SHERRIFS CAR PULLED UP BEHIND ME. I THOUGHT I'D BE IN TROUBLE,:uhoh: BUT HE WAS JUST STOPPING TO SAY HI ANDSAID THAT HE SEE'S ME OUT RIDING THE HORSE WITH THE GUN A LOT, AND HE WISHED THAT EVERYONE WORE THEIRS OUT IN THE OPEN. HE SAIDHE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I WAS BREAKING NO LAWS BY DOING SO. :lol:

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SINCE THE GAS PRICES HAVE WENT THROUGH THE ROOF, I'VE BEEN WALKING TO THESTORE WITH THE GUN ON MY HIP,AND MY LITTLE GIRL IN A STROLLER. TODAY, A SHERRIFS CAR PULLED UP BEHIND ME. I THOUGHT I'D BE IN TROUBLE,:uhoh: BUT HE WAS JUST STOPPING TO SAY HI ANDSAID THAT HE SEE'S ME OUT RIDING THE HORSE WITH THE GUN A LOT, AND HE WISHED THAT EVERYONE WORE THEIRS OUT IN THE OPEN. HE SAIDHE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT I WAS BREAKING NO LAWS BY DOING SO. :lol:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebratePPM, we need MORE of those type of LEO's around. I am seriously jealous. WAY TO GO.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Good Luck,

TJ

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA

imported post

I'M FROM WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE MORE MANNERS IN MY FINGER THAN MOST DO IN THEIR WHOLE BODY. USING PHRASES SUCH AS LOL AND OMG,IS CONSIDERED BAD MANNERS IN MY OPINION. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I'M FROM WEST VIRGINIA. I HAVE MORE MANNERS IN MY FINGER THAN MOST DO IN THEIR WHOLE BODY. USING PHRASES SUCH AS LOL AND OMG,IS CONSIDERED BAD MANNERS IN MY OPINION. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME.

Feisty;)

TJ

Agent6-3/8

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:

Feisty;)

TJ

And we wouldn't have them anyother way!;)

I'm a bit late, but welcome to OCO PISTOL PACKIN MAMA!

Just fwiw, typing in all caps is considered shouting on the net and somewhat rude. It doesn't really ammount to a hill of beans though.:D

Oubliette

imported post

[suP]MAMA a friend of mine told me to look at your posts. He figured I’d like your style. He was right.
I don’t have horses anymore but I do ride a Kawasaki Vulcan most of the time. Often over long distances and often with my 11 year old daughter. Normally if I’m carrying I put on a long shirt so as not to attract attention. I may have to rethink that...
[/suP]

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When i first moved to the village I live in, there was a couple that lived out a ways in the country that would ride their horses in on Saturday morning to eat breakfast at a local diner. Kind of neat seeing the horses tied up outside the diner in the middle of town. Haven't seen them in maybe ten years now.

calmspirit

imported post

See I told you, you'd like her thinking Mel! I think its great she rides horseback
and carrying. Of course you on your bike and ocing would be very hot indeed!

Timbo

PISTOL PACKIN MAMA

imported post

Oubliette, why not. I think it ends problems before they start. I was washing my truck one day over by the barn and a rough looking guy came walking towards me. I saw him notice the gun on my hip, and then the sign posted on my barn that says "NO TRESPASSING, VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT, SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN." He quickly turned and walked the other way. I found out later that he was looking for a ride, but Im glad he saw "the signs" I thinkI avoided a confrontation.