• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I would like to meet someone from OCDO on my next vacation.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well I have only met one person from OCDO because I am in Qatar. But yesterday I confirmed my ticket for my vacation on July 28- Aug 11 which is after the usual OCDO meetings from what I understand is held on the 3rd weekend of each month, (so I will miss the July meeting). Well when I get home I am going to buy another 1911 .45 or the XDm .40.( that is if my wife does not talk me out ofbuying a new pistol :cry:. She always says, Hon why do you need so many guns:D….)

Anyway I am leaning toward the 1911 Kimber Tactical Custom II. SO when I get home I have plans on steel plate shooting at Bulls Eye in Tacoma on Wednesday July 30th and I would like for anyone that is in the area from OCDO to join me for some friendly competition shooting steel plates. http://www.bullseyeshooter.com/rangemain.htm

The times I have shot this competition it was a blast , (the most fun I have ever had shooting a pistol) so if anyone is up for it please let me know.

The reason why I posted this so early is because I know gas prices are a B**** and may effect how we spend our money so I just wanted to give the people that are interested in shooting with me to have head up on what I have planed. If you would like to join me please let me know. It will be a good shooting event for us, and I will get to meet some of you guys before I leave back to Qatar, and my wife wants to meet people from OCDO also, she wants to attend some meeting sometime.

Thanks

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

For those that do not know what steel plate shooting is. It is a heads up competition of two shooters in a race to knock down five steel plates in a heads up tournament using a 6 rounds max with the option to reload at needed. Double elimination, with the winner getting a free past for the next shooting event.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cool it will be nice to meet you.

I am so excited about going back to the US, and get away from the Hot place…. The times I went there it was lots of fun. I'll make sure to PM you as a reminder is the day draws closer thanks.

kparker

imported post

Just getting back from out of town on July 29 or 30, but if you have any other events/get-togethers planned after that, let me know!

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sure i am open to another meeting anytime,if you would like to gomeet somewhere just PM me. because most of the time I am at home or at a park or waterfront with my family. so ill have time for something else also.