• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Transfer of Florida CC license to Texas

skipshot

imported post

I recently moved from Florida to Texas and have Florida CC license that expires in 2012. I called a local gun course in Texas to inquire as to what I needed to do to either transfer or get Texas CC license. The answer was I didn't need too until my Florida CC expired, itis good in Texas. Been reading Texas Law and don't find any reference to that answer. I want to be legal.

THX Skipshot

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

skipshot wrote:
I recently moved from Florida to Texas and have Florida CC license that expires in 2012. I called a local gun course in Texas to inquire as to what I needed to do to either transfer or get Texas CC license. The answer was I didn't need too until my Florida CC expired, itis good in Texas. Been reading Texas Law and don't find any reference to that answer. I want to be legal.

THX Skipshot

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr090700.htm
September 7, 2000

Texas Establishes Concealed Handgun License Reciprocity With Florida and Tennessee

Texas has signed reciprocal agreements with Florida and Tennessee, allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Florida or Tennessee to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

Col. Thomas A. Davis Jr., director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, signed the reciprocity agreements with the State of Florida and the State of Tennessee through which their licensees can visit Texas with their concealed handguns.

"This agreement will allow licensed Texans to travel freely in the states of Tennessee and Florida, while enjoying the same or similar privileges their licenses give them at home," Davis said.

These reciprocity agreements--the fifth and sixth Texas has reached with another state--were made possible by 1997 changes to the state's concealed handgun law. Texas also has reciprocity agreements with Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona and Oklahoma.

"Texans should remember that weapons laws vary from state to state, and before traveling, license holders should educate themselves about laws in other states that govern where and when they can legally carry their concealed handguns," Davis said.
Both Florida resident and, if they exist, non-resident licenses are accepted. I would get acquainted with Florida law regarding THEIR recognition of your Florida CHL when you no longer live in Florida. If they still hold it valid, so will Texas.

skipshot

imported post

Thanks

I checked with florida and the only requirement was that I must keep my address current and notify them within 30 days of any change. Even in Texas it would be valid in Florida until expired.

skipshot

imported post

question.gif
I thought I was signed in on Texas ?????