Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurants w/ ABC License you might not expect

Post imported post

OK guys, let's keep it short and sweet so we don't get nabbed on a BS CC-where-not-allowed charge.
    List localities for a chain only when you think most of the other franchises DON'T Serve.

-Chuck E. Cheese
    -Chipotle
    -Noodle Co.

Post imported post

- Arbys in Short Pump - Pouncy Tract Road

Post imported post

Just OC all the time,.
    That will avoid a CC charge in a establishment with a ABC serving license.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
    Really!?! What do they serve!!!?

I'm starting to think the ABC law is just another gimmick to put law abiding citizens into jeopardy.

At least with most CC violations, unless you're causing trouble and your truly carrying concealed, this will never be an issue.

I would expect to see a courthouse inside a Macy's store before I saw alcoholic beverages at Arby's..

Post imported post

psmartin wrote:
    dbc3804 wrote:
    Really!?! What do they serve!!!?

I'm starting to think the ABC law is just another gimmick to put law abiding citizens into jeopardy.

At least with most CC violations, unless you're causing trouble and your truly carrying concealed, this will never be an issue.

I would expect to see a courthouse inside a Macy's store before I saw alcoholic beverages at Arby's..
    Beer and wine. This one is pretty fancy for an Arby's. Since the food is so expensive, I can never afford a drink anyway.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Just OC all the time,.
    That will avoid a CC charge in a establishment with a ABC serving license.
    Alright, I know, this is an OC board. Just indulge me for a thread
    PS - do you have a thigh holster for OC in 20 F w/ a parka on?

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    do you have a thigh holster for OC in 20 F w/ a parka on?
    Parka.

I wear shorts (never wear a jacket)year round regardless of the temp in NoVA.
    [line]
    You're indulged.

Moe's serves Beer.
    Many Chinese take out restaurants serve beer also.

And as someone else pointed out in another thread Wegman'sgrocery stores.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Moe's serves Beer.

I think Whole Foods does as well.

Presumably a Chinese Cary Out place would have an ABC off license right? Surely that does not apply. Unless you're talking about picking up from a Chinese dine-in restaraunt.

Post imported post

ccunning wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    Moe's serves Beer.

I think Whole Foods does as well.

Presumably a Chinese Cary Out place would have an ABC off license right? Surely that does not apply. Unless you're talking about picking up from a Chinese dine-in restaraunt.
    Most of those carry-out places have at least one small table with a couple chairs so you can eat there if you want.

Gotta say I would never have guessed Chuck E Cheese.

Some Five Guys locations serve beer (at least the one in Blacksburg did).

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
    Both Arby's and Captain D's across the street (Short Pump) sell beer.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Chipotle (all around Alexandria/Fairfax)
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    dbc3804 wrote:
    o_0 WTH? I can't get Pepsi products at fast food places here let alone a brewski. Find me a house boys, I'm moving out east.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    ProShooter wrote:
    dbc3804 wrote:
    o_0 WTH? I can't get Pepsi products at fast food places here let alone a brewski. Find me a house boys, I'm moving out east.
    can't help with beer but try the taco hell/KFC/A&W/Pizza Hut chains as i believe they are all owned by Pepsi Co. and i doubt they let their franchisees sell coke products.

I was going to say the Short Pump Arby's and the Captain D's their as well but a couple of you guys beet me to the punch.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I never thought about it before, but I was in Wingstop today and they had several beers on tap.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

So you go into a place that you have no reason to believe has an ABC licences CCing. While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do? Uncover and make it obvious to passers by that you violated the law while you were in there, or hope you're concealed well enough that no one will notice?

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    So you go into a place that you have no reason to believe has an ABC licences CCing. While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do? Uncover and make it obvious to passers by that you violated the law while you were in there, or hope you're concealed well enough that no one will notice?
    I usually hit the bathroom and do it there...

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    asforme wrote:
    +1
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

asforme wrote:
    Are you CC-ing Thunderwear/Smarcarry?

From what I've heard/seen of other' CC method, plus my own CC mode, it usually involves lifting up the edge of a shirt and tucking it behind the grips. OK, this goes mostly for the guys. Girls may have other issues, although there are a few thigh rigs I would be happy to see exposed by hitching up the hemline. :what::celebrate

Of course, if you notice early enough that the place serves alcohol, you might use the "forgot my wallet in the car" spin out the door back to the parking lot technique if you have to leave it because you have no way of OC-ing.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

And it does not matter if they serve - the relevant inquiry is "do they have a license to serve" and is it a "restaurant or club" and what does the word "premises" mean.

This law has go to go based upon the vagunbess and lack of notice issues.

Post imported post

While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do?
    Not a issue for me, see my first post in this thread.

I would return to my car and uncover once seated inside of it then return to the restaurant.
    My reason for this would be if any LEO saw you return from the bathroom OC'ing he/she could then arrest you for violating the law.

By returning to your car it would appear that you retrieved it once you checked the ABC status of the restaurant.

~Alan Korwin

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    I would return to my car and uncover once seated inside of it then return to the restaurant.
    My reason for this would be if any LEO saw you return from the bathroom OC'ing he/she could then arrest you for violating the law.

By returning to your car it would appear that you retrieved it once you checked the ABC status of the restaurant.
    Excellent. I was hoping I'd get a good response so I could have a plan in place, just in case this were to happen. This sounds like the best idea I've heard.

Post imported post

Schlotzsky's Deli serve beer, never would have thought about it because it is a'deli',if I hadn't noticed it myself about a year or so ago.

Post imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
    Schlotzsky's Deli serve beer, never would have thought about it because it is a'deli',if I hadn't noticed it myself about a year or so ago.
    Is that just local to Va. Beach?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:
    I think I've seen Schlotzskys all over the country -- well, at least from Texas east.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    ufcfanvt wrote:
    DocDaddy wrote:
    I think I've seen Schlotzskys all over the country -- well, at least from Texas east.
    We got Schlotzkys out here in California too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast