• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurants w/ ABC License you might not expect

ufcfanvt

imported post

OK guys, let's keep it short and sweet so we don't get nabbed on a BS CC-where-not-allowed charge.
List localities for a chain only when you think most of the other franchises DON'T Serve.

-Chuck E. Cheese
-Chipotle
-Noodle Co.

Marco

imported post

:question:Just OC all the time,.
That will avoid a CC charge in a establishment with a ABC serving license.;)

psmartin

imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
- Arbys in Short Pump - Pouncy Tract Road

Really!?! What do they serve!!!?

I'm starting to think the ABC law is just another gimmick to put law abiding citizens into jeopardy.

At least with most CC violations, unless you're causing trouble and your truly carrying concealed, this will never be an issue.

I would expect to see a courthouse inside a Macy's store before I saw alcoholic beverages at Arby's..

dbc3804

imported post

psmartin wrote:
dbc3804 wrote:

Really!?! What do they serve!!!?

I'm starting to think the ABC law is just another gimmick to put law abiding citizens into jeopardy.

At least with most CC violations, unless you're causing trouble and your truly carrying concealed, this will never be an issue.

I would expect to see a courthouse inside a Macy's store before I saw alcoholic beverages at Arby's..
Beer and wine. This one is pretty fancy for an Arby's. Since the food is so expensive, I can never afford a drink anyway.

ufcfanvt

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
:question:Just OC all the time,.
That will avoid a CC charge in a establishment with a ABC serving license.;)
Alright, I know, this is an OC board. Just indulge me for a thread
PS - do you have a thigh holster for OC in 20 F w/ a parka on?:lol:

Marco

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
do you have a thigh holster for OC in 20 F w/ a parka on?:lol:

Parka:lol:.

I wear shorts (never wear a jacket)year round regardless of the temp in NoVA.
[line]
You're indulged.;)

Moe's serves Beer.
Many Chinese take out restaurants serve beer also.

And as someone else pointed out in another thread Wegman'sgrocery stores.

ccunning

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Moe's serves Beer.

I think Whole Foods does as well.

Presumably a Chinese Cary Out place would have an ABC off license right? Surely that does not apply. Unless you're talking about picking up from a Chinese dine-in restaraunt.

vt357

imported post

ccunning wrote:
Agent19 wrote:
Moe's serves Beer.

I think Whole Foods does as well.

Presumably a Chinese Cary Out place would have an ABC off license right? Surely that does not apply. Unless you're talking about picking up from a Chinese dine-in restaraunt.
Most of those carry-out places have at least one small table with a couple chairs so you can eat there if you want.

Gotta say I would never have guessed Chuck E Cheese.

Some Five Guys locations serve beer (at least the one in Blacksburg did).

67GT390FB

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
dbc3804 wrote:
Both Arby's and Captain D's across the street (Short Pump) sell beer.
o_0 WTH? I can't get Pepsi products at fast food places here let alone a brewski. Find me a house boys, I'm moving out east.

can't help with beer but try the taco hell/KFC/A&W/Pizza Hut chains as i believe they are all owned by Pepsi Co. and i doubt they let their franchisees sell coke products.

I was going to say the Short Pump Arby's and the Captain D's their as well but a couple of you guys beet me to the punch.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I never thought about it before, but I was in Wingstop today and they had several beers on tap.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So you go into a place that you have no reason to believe has an ABC licences CCing. While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do? Uncover and make it obvious to passers by that you violated the law while you were in there, or hope you're concealed well enough that no one will notice?

ufcfanvt

imported post

asforme wrote:
So you go into a place that you have no reason to believe has an ABC licences CCing. While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do? Uncover and make it obvious to passers by that you violated the law while you were in there, or hope you're concealed well enough that no one will notice?
I usually hit the bathroom and do it there...

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
asforme wrote:
+1

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

asforme wrote:

Are you CC-ing Thunderwear/Smarcarry? :lol:

From what I've heard/seen of other' CC method, plus my own CC mode, it usually involves lifting up the edge of a shirt and tucking it behind the grips. OK, this goes mostly for the guys. Girls may have other issues, although there are a few thigh rigs I would be happy to see exposed by hitching up the hemline. :what::celebrate

Of course, if you notice early enough that the place serves alcohol, you might use the "forgot my wallet in the car" spin out the door back to the parking lot technique if you have to leave it because you have no way of OC-ing.

stay safe.

skidmark

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

And it does not matter if they serve - the relevant inquiry is "do they have a license to serve" and is it a "restaurant or club" and what does the word "premises" mean.

This law has go to go based upon the vagunbess and lack of notice issues.

Marco

imported post

While in there you discover they serve alcohol. What do you do?

Not a issue for me, see my first post in this thread.

I would return to my car and uncover once seated inside of it then return to the restaurant.
My reason for this would be if any LEO saw you return from the bathroom OC'ing he/she could then arrest you for violating the law.

By returning to your car it would appear that you retrieved it once you checked the ABC status of the restaurant.