• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC lunch or dinner June 16th

thx997303

imported post

So, since many of us can't make it to the Camping Trip, Genetics Dave and I are going to be getting together for a lunch or dinner the following Monday.

Thinking Fast Food, cause some of us are poor.

Time?

Place?

TJ?

xmirage2kx

imported post

If it is after 6pm I can make it (off work at 6 Monday). I would suggest something a little more sit down, as there are many restaurants that are no more expensive than most fast food. A BK meal will run you $7-10, red robins will run $12 (just an example). Golden corral run $10 I think.

ScottyT

imported post

I am up for anything within reasonable scooter distance (no freeways) of the E-Center for lunch, or anywhere in the valley for dinner. If we do it on Monday my wife can come!

xmirage2kx

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
I am up for anything within reasonable scooter distance (no freeways) of the E-Center for lunch, or anywhere in the valley for dinner. If we do it on Monday my wife can come!

Between frontage roads and redwood you can get anywhere I15 can (until you leave the valley).

Scoot on DAWG

ScottyT

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
ScottyT wrote:

Between frontage roads and redwood you can get anywhere I15 can (until you leave the valley).
I was more concerned about time than I was about distance. I can easily take a 90 minute lunch, hell even a 3 hour lunch, but I have to make up that time somewhere...

WVC is best for lunch

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Remember that on Tueday we are trying to have that West Valley City Council Meeting thingy. And who knows...dinner AFTER that at Red Robin across the street. Or at one of the many places over at E-center. Cracker Barrel is puurrty good

TJ

xmirage2kx

imported post

swillden wrote:
Monday evenings are Family Home Evening here, non-negotiable. I could probably do lunch.

FHE:

Discussion: Our god given right and the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment

Scripture: Luke 22:36

Activity/Desert: Red Robin OC meet

thx997303

imported post

Well, I guess name the time and place and I'll be there. But I was talking a litle fast food for their dollar menus. Yes I am that poor right now.

I am also voting for after 6:00 pm

GeneticsDave

imported post

I would most likely only be able to do lunch. Anyone else interested in lunch, let me know. Otherwise I think I will have to defer to Tuesday night after the Council meeting for a meet.

xmirage2kx

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
I am up for anything within reasonable scooter distance (no freeways) of the E-Center for lunch
What kind of fuel economy do you get with the scooter? Do you open carry on it?

I got one too, so I throw out my .40:

Got a 150cc, get 60-80mpg, and I OC on it all the time. $14 a month in gas, $6 a month for insurance, $4 oil change (about 1 a month). NEW purchace price $700+tax. and I can go 55mph.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
I am up for anything within reasonable scooter distance (no freeways) of the E-Center for lunch

Got a 150cc, get 60-80mpg, and I OC on it all the time. $14 a month in gas, $6 a month for insurance, $4 oil change (about 1 a month). NEW purchace price $700+tax. and I can go 55mph.

PICTURE Please:cuss:...Of you sitting on it OCing.

TJ

ScottyT

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:

I am getting about 70 mpg right now, but that is because I push it pretty hard on the way to work. At slower speeds I think I would get 80+ no problem.

Pics are posted on XD Talk (last post of page 3), I tried to post to UCC last night but my internet crapped out on me:
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xdtalk-chatter-box/73611-commuter-scooter-80-mpg-3.html

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

xmirage2kx wrote:

Got a 150cc, get 60-80mpg, and I OC on it all the time.
Hmmm...80 MPG = $4 to drive 80 miles on a scooter.

CNG is .63/gge. My four door Contour gets 30 MPG.

$4@ .63 per gallon will give me 6.35 gallons. 6.35 * 30 MPG=190.5 miles!

So a scooter costs more than double to drive than my car!

Have I rubbed it in enough yet? :p

ScottyT

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
xmirage2kx wrote:

Got a 150cc, get 60-80mpg, and I OC on it all the time.
Hmmm...80 MPG = $4 to drive 80 miles on a scooter.

CNG is .63/gge. My four door Contour gets 30 MPG.

$4@ .63 per gallon will give me 6.35 gallons. 6.35 * 30 MPG=190.5 miles!

So a scooter costs more than double to drive than my car!

Have I rubbed it in enough yet? :p
Where can I learn more about these CNG cars?