• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CAR SHOW ---- NO GO

WARCHILD

imported post

I'm sorry gentlemen but the open carry at Rocky's has been recinded by the owner: Rob Fischer. I just got a call from my son who was called to meet Rob this a.m. to tell him the open carry was not going to be allowed. Apparently the Burton police chief had a meeting with mayor Smiley and in turn the chief had a meeting with Rob. My son was not told what was said but I think we can all guess. Rob only said he didn't need that kind of trouble at his business and for us not to set up a booth or carry in the open. We are welcome to the car show(DUH) But no open carry. I have told my son I would not be there out of respect for his car show, since Rob suggested that if anything goes down the car show would not be allowed back.They must have intimidated Rob pretty well with whatever threats. So, I would ask that no one go to the car show with the intent ofOCing just to make a point. By all means go to the show 'cause there are some awesome cars but please don't put my son's shows at risk to enforce your rights. I will be very gratefull.

As a footnote: apparently someone has talked to the policechief, he made the comment that he had been monitoring the posts on OCDO and my radio show. He didn't seem to like the attention it was getting and decided to squash it. So we may have a mole in the wood pile or this is a time when the notification to overt a problemsupplied theammo to start one.

My son and myselfsincerely apologize for this mess, but it was out of left field for us also.

adam40cal

imported post

Not a problem thanks for the heads up and the effort in trying to get this meeting to happen. I do feel this chief needs to have a few hundred letters sent to him informing him we have rights. And he's here to serve the public not put his personal feelings in the middle. I'm sorta speechless and very angry with this police officer. I think we should all still meet up at a park or something to enforce our rights.

mastiff69

imported post

Since the chief maybe monitoring this blog, may i suggest that we meet at thepolice station say their front lawn for a picknicky I'LL bring the hot dogs and the buns, grill etc.. on Saturday:D

I would like to get to the bottom of this say meet the chief and see what his take is on OC, who knows maybe he is pro OC ?

Maybe the law inforcement only said somthing like( you as the owner are liable for the DC or DP or something to that effect. In all fairness thoui will reserve comments..

When the Goverment starts informing the people who they serve, when, where, who, how, they can move, then the people will respond like wise.

Has anyone noticed that our police departments are looking more and more like our military, and acting more like our military, than a police department. HUM????

I am up for suggestions!!!!! :what::what::what:

WARCHILD

imported post

Unfortunately, it is burton, there's not much there. I don't know of any parks right off hand, or public place in that area. I guess the closest is the McD's there on sout saginaw street just north of there. I am really too pissed off to think about it right now. I will definately put burton on my next OC list, after the car show. To say the least, rocky't won't have to worry about having to count any of my money, too bad. Too bad guys, at least we tried.

WARCHILD

imported post

I don't have enough factual info to offer any opinion other than I was told the chief made the appt with the mayor and it was the chief who talked to rocky's. I was considering going to talk to Rob, and try to find out what was said.but opted against it. If he were in the right frame of mind to accomplish something, he would have told the chief where to stick his threats, if any. But something had to be said to scare Rob off from allowing us to show up. Also, He would have told my son the facts and not just "Don't need that kind of trouble at my business". I am generally a passive person and more so with age, don't like drama, hasseles, negative vibes; but damn this pisses me off to no end. I would just love to choke the sh** out of somebody.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

If this is the decision of the owner of Rocky's fine. But if this was the chief threatening him then that is something totally different.

"Rob only said he didn't need that kind of trouble at his business"

What trouble? No laws will be violated. Tyranny at it's best!

WARCHILD

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

If this is the decision of the owner of Rocky's fine. But if this was the chief threatening him then that is something totally different.

"Rob only said he didn't need that kind of trouble at his business"

What trouble? No laws will be violated. Tyranny at it's best!
I agree WTF-- some type of intimidation had to be made. Rob was actually looking forward to some possible extra business. He didn't explain to my son, and for right now I don't want to contact him or raise too much sh** about it, for fear of him taking it out on my son for scheduling his car show there.

mastiff69

imported post

Let Rob know that I am sorry to hear he is willing to let them scare him that i will take my cash and credit cards elsewhere this Saturday since it is almost fathers day:D.

P.S. member of Gold Wing Road Riders 80,000+

dougwg

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Let Rob know that I am sorry to hear he is willing to let them scare him that i will take my cash and credit cards elsewhere this Saturday since it is almost fathers day:D.

P.S. member of Gold Wing Road Riders 80,000+
I don't think it's time for all that just yet.

warlockmatized

imported post

what a shame. i was looking forward to my first OC experience. this raises several questions however.

one would be HOW can THEY intimidate someone like this if OC is perfectly legal?

well i will definately be keeping tabs on the site and looking for the NEXT OC day. i wish i knew MORE about setting one of these things up. would really LOVE to see one come to Macomb County.

dougwg

imported post

Mayor Charles H. Smiley

mayor.jpg

I would like to hear your comments. You may reach me by phone at 810-743-1500, extension 299, by e-mail at charles.smiley@ci.burton.mi.us, or by coming in to the office.

Contact info for city of Burton http://www.burtonmi.com/index.asp?DID=10&CAT=0&AID=0

Police Chief John Benthall

Office of the Mayor
810-743-1500 ext 201
Charles H. Smiley

Assessor
810-743-1500 ext 211
Diane Heidenberger

City Clerk
810-743-1500 ext 222
Gayle K. Webster

Controller
810-743-1500 ext 229
Karen Foster

Department of Public Works
810-743-1500 ext 241
Gregory A. Kray

Fire Department *
810-743-1500
Doug Halstead

Police Department *
810-742-2542
John Benthall

Senior Center
810-744-0960

Treasurer
810-743-1500 ext 253
Iris Piske

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Jerry, I am very sorry to hear about this, but really,there's nothing you can do that would not jeopardize the Grinder's Car Show? Too bad, this would have been an excellent turnout. :cuss:

WARCHILD

imported post

Believe it or not, I actually found the email addresses by myself:celebrateI have already sent the chief and the mayor an email asking them to correct me if I'm wrong but ifthe infostands as fact. By what right do they have to tell an owner who to invite on his own private property! I also said in my opinon, the was intimidation and possible coercion involved for Rob to change his mind at the last minute. And asked them to correct me if I was wrong.

Wanna be I don't get ANY answers!

adam40cal

imported post

I think we should write the mayor and chief and inform them we will be having an open carry meeting in Burton regardless if its at the car show or not. I wont be pushed around, and I think everyone here is the same way. If we decide to have a meeting in Burton I will contact the media if everyone thinks that would be a good idea to inform them that we will be having a meeting. This may stop LEO from messing with us knowing they could be on TV. Anyone got any ideas?

WARCHILD

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Jerry, I am very sorry to hear about this, but really,there's nothing you can do that would not jeopardize the Grinder's Car Show? Too bad, this would have been an excellent turnout. :cuss:
I agree, I just talked to Brian and basicly the car show is 2nd at this point. I told my son I wouldn't be there and don't plan on it. But I WILL make it a point in the very near future to oc in rocky's to speak directly to Rob Fischer, you can take bets on that. I agree with Brian, we do need to show up somewhere in burton on sat. on public property no matter what. I know I will be there, sorry but I've had enough of this sh*t. I will be carrying my pair of Taurus's, never done that before, weighs a ton, but my 9mm will be in combat tact. web on right thigh, and my 24/7 45cal. crossdraw, left side. ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US!

WARCHILD

imported post

Adam: good luck with getting any media interested, only if shots are fired and people are going to jail. Once again you don't hear the good stuff we try to do, it's not news. But I did see channel 12 WJRT, did do a spot about the child who shot herself getting her grandma's gun out of her purse. No details, just the sh*t that sells news!! And yet I have sent channel 12 -- 3 emails over the last year requesting a small story on open carry in Mich. NEVER HEARD A WORD!!

BTW; I guess I have the topic for my next radio show:cuss:

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
I agree, I just talked to Brian and basicly the car show is 2nd at this point. I told my son I wouldn't be there and don't plan on it. But I WILL make it a point in the very near future to oc in rocky's to speak directly to Rob Fischer, you can take bets on that. I agree with Brian, we do need to show up somewhere in burton on sat. on public property no matter what. I know I will be there, sorry but I've had enough of this sh*t. I will be carrying my pair of Taurus's, never done that before, weighs a ton, but my 9mm will be in combat tact. web on right thigh, and my 24/7 45cal. crossdraw, left side. ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US!
my family and i are IN.....just let me know when and where!