• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CAR SHOW ---- NO GO

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Jerry, I am very sorry to hear about this, but really,there's nothing you can do that would not jeopardize the Grinder's Car Show? Too bad, this would have been an excellent turnout. :cuss:
I agree, I just talked to Brian and basicly the car show is 2nd at this point. I told my son I wouldn't be there and don't plan on it. But I WILL make it a point in the very near future to oc in rocky's to speak directly to Rob Fischer, you can take bets on that. I agree with Brian, we do need to show up somewhere in burton on sat. on public property no matter what. I know I will be there, sorry but I've had enough of this sh*t. I will be carrying my pair of Taurus's, never done that before, weighs a ton, but my 9mm will be in combat tact. web on right thigh, and my 24/7 45cal. crossdraw, left side. ANYONE WANT TO JOIN US!

Count me in. :)

adam40cal

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Adam: good luck with getting any media interested, only if shots are fired and people are going to jail. Once again you don't hear the good stuff we try to do, it's not news. But I did see channel 12 WJRT, did do a spot about the child who shot herself getting her grandma's gun out of her purse. No details, just the sh*t that sells news!! And yet I have sent channel 12 -- 3 emails over the last year requesting a small story on open carry in Mich. NEVER HEARD A WORD!!

I was thinking about that too and your right, but we do have the common mans media YouTube.com; anyone have a video camera? I was also thinking maybe we should post this thread on all the state forums on OCDO so they know whats going on. Maybe a group of people have went through this same thing and might have some insight on this act by tyrants trying to force people who pay them to not enforce their god given constitutional rights.

WARCHILD

imported post

It all has to do with politics, given flint is still 3rd in the nation for violent crime and they want to change that image; wouldn't it make sense to let it be known that the private citizen in Mich can carry a gun and it might be safer than what they refer to as normal crime rate! You can try the Saginaw news if youwant or even wjrt. you may have better luck than this old fart. Anything is worth a try.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would love to join you all on Saturday, but I will be in the car driving 12 hours to Michigan from Virginia. Also the peoples republic of Michigan won't let me even possess my guns in your state because they aren't safety inspected and registered, and I don't have a CWP.

Good luck on defeating this tyranny and intimidation.

WARCHILD

imported post

Rob Fischer

rob@rockysonline.com

I just sent him a strong email stating I needed information on why he changed his mind and that a lot of time and money has been spent scheduling this event and it would notgo unchallenged. Answers must be made available or action will be taken.

I may have to fall back on my secondary MOS training--- Recon and Pure Prick!!

WARCHILD

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Just thinking here....

What about having the table setup and still hand out info just un-armed (wearing holster)?
Sorry doug: but that would be like showing up at a nudist party in a tuxedo. It defeats the whole purpose of being there. We would look kinda foolish handing out fliers saying it's legal to open carry a gun and have an empty holster?:uhoh:

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dougwg wrote:
We could also tell everyone about the mayor and chief ;)
It's legal but we're allowing ourselves to be intimidated. Seriously, empty holsters is what us college folk do because we will get expelled if there is anything in the holster. Don't let the police treat you like school children.

warlockmatized

imported post

i understand what you are saying Doug but it would be like preaching the freedoms of America and all the passers by see everyone in shackles.

i know i am the new guy here so to speak BUT from everything i have learned from being a member here, tells me that OUR rights shall NOT be infringed upon, and if some one (Rocky's) is going to allow that to happen, then we simply move locations.

by doing so we tackle TWO issues.

1. the ORIGINAL idea of spreading the word regarding LAWFUL open carry

2. that we will NOT lay down and take the abuse of power being displayed by the officials of the city of Burton.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
SNIP
As a footnote: apparently someone has talked to the policechief, he made the comment that he had been monitoring the posts on OCDO and my radio show. He didn't seem to like the attention it was getting and decided to squash it. So we may have a mole in the wood pile or this is a time when the notification to overt a problemsupplied theammo to start one.

Deleted per Venator's update. My sincere apologies to the Mayor and Chief.

WARCHILD

imported post

With no evidence either way, I won't say there is a snitch in the forum. It may have been an innocent inquiry to the BPD as to how they would respond to such an outing. No harm intended, just happened. Either way, I don't care. Myself, I would like EVERYBODY to know. That's what I'm for. Not to quietly pass out fliers to get support. Hell, bring on 20/20 and lets get the LEO's on the hot seat! My whole life I've had to put up with this God with badge bullsh*t along with their intimidation by badge, do as I say or else, they can take it and shove it up so deep they won't need dental floss for a month.

G9M&P15

imported post

I've never posted in the Michigan subsection before, as I've never actually been in Michigan, or any neighboring states, for that matter, but I was linked to this. Sounds pretty horrible to me.

I'm obviously not up to speed on Michigan open-carry laws, if we were in Virginia I'd suggest OCing AR-15s and Tacticool Shotguns.

Also, this is an open forum. The concept of a "snitch" strikes me as fairly absurd, as you don't need to be an active member to read any of the posts here. I doubt anyone would bother with an infiltration of a forum.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

KimberG19 wrote:
I've never posted in the Michigan subsection before, as I've never actually been in Michigan, or any neighboring states, for that matter, but I was linked to this. Sounds pretty horrible to me.

I'm obviously not up to speed on Michigan open-carry laws, if we were in Virginia I'd suggest OCing AR-15s and Tacticool Shotguns.

Also, this is an open forum. The concept of a "snitch" strikes me as fairly absurd, as you don't need to be an active member to read any of the posts here. I doubt anyone would bother with an infiltration of a forum.

Kimber, before judging me, you may want to review many of the sub-forums which pertain to states where OC is legal. The threads in those sub-forums that contain posts about "a man with a gun" call, the text carrys the same tone as mine from the OP, if not worse.

I've been a member here for a few years and finally (this year) we have enough members here in Michigan to arrange OC meets.

Edited due to update on Rocky's issue.