• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CAR SHOW ---- NO GO

warlockmatized

imported post

dougwg wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
my vote would be for the lake park. doing it at the government complex on flag day would be awesome, what a GREAT way to celebrate flag day. however bear in mind.....i would have to GUESS i am not going to be the only one bringing wife and KIDS. last thing i wanna hear in my ear while mingling is the griping about limited restrooms lol

In regards to restroom facilities, I would agree with the Lake Park. However, due to the issues with the Mayor & Chief I think the Memorial Park would be best. Especially, when you consider that the only public restrooms availablenearst the parkare the ones in the Burton PD building.:)

There is a gas station/McDonald's at the intersection of Bristol Road & Center Road. It's about a half-mile north of the park.
wouldn't that be thumbing noses though? i think (for me personally anyways) that it would be ASKING to be questioned/harassed to walk in the PD sporting iron to use the restroom.
Thats kinda what it's all about I would think in some small way anyway.
i will be WHERE ever it is agreed upon to go. anyone know of the policy regarding checking/locking gun in locker while IN Burton PD?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
my vote would be for the lake park. doing it at the government complex on flag day would be awesome, what a GREAT way to celebrate flag day. however bear in mind.....i would have to GUESS i am not going to be the only one bringing wife and KIDS. last thing i wanna hear in my ear while mingling is the griping about limited restrooms lol

In regards to restroom facilities, I would agree with the Lake Park. However, due to the issues with the Mayor & Chief I think the Memorial Park would be best. Especially, when you consider that the only public restrooms availablenearst the parkare the ones in the Burton PD building.:)

There is a gas station/McDonald's at the intersection of Bristol Road & Center Road. It's about a half-mile north of the park.
wouldn't that be thumbing noses though? i think (for me personally anyways) that it would be ASKING to be questioned/harassed to walk in the PD sporting iron to use the restroom.
Deleted per Venator's update. My sincere apologies to the Mayor and Chief.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
dougwg wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
warlockmatized wrote:

Thats kinda what it's all about I would think in some small way anyway.
i will be WHERE ever it is agreed upon to go. anyone know of the policy regarding checking/locking gun in locker while IN Burton PD?

It is not illegal to CC (CPL required of course) or OC into a Police Station or Sheriff's Department in Michigan, only in the "secured areas" of the buildings.

Edit for spelling.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
SNIP
We will plan a lunch get together at one of the parks. I'm pushing for the Lake as it has better facilities, but that's not to say we can't make a visit and pay our respect to the veterans at the memorial.
Lake Park has a nice pond for the kids/adults to fish so bring the gear if you like. I don't think the park allows swimming, even though, the pond appears to be very clean.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
SNIP
We will plan a lunch get together at one of the parks. I'm pushing for the Lake as it has better facilities, but that's not to say we can't make a visit and pay our respect to the veterans at the memorial.
Lake Park has a nice pond for the kids/adults to fish so bring the gear if you like. I don't think the park allows swimming, even though, the pond appears to be very clean.
According to the lady at the city office, swimming is allowed, but at your own risk (no life guard). Looking at an aerial photo I don't see a good spot to swim. But the photo is a few years old and improvements may have taken place.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator, Jerry & Son(s), I would like to say, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here, thank you for all the time and dedication to determine facts and resolve this issue.

WARCHILD

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator, Jerry & Son(s), I would like to say, and I'm sure I speak for everyone here, thank you for all the time and dedication to determine facts and resolve this issue.

Thanks, and I now have exactly that--- THE FACTS---

Thanks to Venators efforts and another talk with my son, here is how it works out---

1. Mayor had nothing to do with it.

2. Chief did question Rob at Rocky's

3. This is the kicker--- the Chief was only trying to verify that we had permission to be at Rocky's carrying firearms. ROB TOLD HIM, NO, HE NEVER GAVE HIS PERMISSION.

ROB IS A DAMN LYING CHICKEN SH!T BAST**D!!!

Steve told me the conversation he had with Rob when he was laying out what vendors were going to be at the car show, INCLUDING OCDO-- Rob told Steve he didn't care who was there, that was outside, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT----

Unfortunately for Rob, my producer, Steve Myers was AT THAT MEETING and was witness to this conversation!!!

Therefore--- Rob can boil his lips and kiss my ass!!

I deeply apologize to the forum for the language and all the hassle, inconvience, and BULL. But I hate a liar worse than a thief.

Also I apologize to the Mayor of Burton and the Burton Chief of police if I offended them in any way. I was merely trying to get the facts and resolve this issue as calmly as possible.

Myself, I think it safe to say, Rocky's won't have to worry about counting any of my money-- ever!

Thanks to the forum for you understanding and support.

Jerry Brewer, Steve Brewer

Furner

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

It is not illegal to CC (CPL required of course) or OC into a Police Station or Sheriff's Department in Michigan, only in the "secured areas" of the buildings.

Edit for spelling.
Do you know of the legal section and/or court cases backing this up? GRPD has a big sign right at the entrance saying no guns allowed except locked and cased.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Furner wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Edit for spelling.
Do you know of the legal section and/or court cases backing this up? GRPD has a big sign right at the entrance saying no guns allowed except locked and cased.

Furner, why wouldn't they? They're convinced OC and possibly CC is illegal per their ordinances. Also, entering a posted building/business/etc.-CC or OC-technically, your statis is that of a tresspasser. Please review several pages here on the Michigan forum and many of your questions/concerns will be answered.

750.234d(possession of weapons), Also see: 28.425o (concealed weapons)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Furner wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Edit for spelling.
If the building is owned by the local government that sign is illegal, that can't restrict guns in public buildings and any ordinance is illegal. The one excuse used is if the building has a courtroom in it, they say the whole area is banned, Lansing PD does this, its wrong, but nobody is fighting it. But if the station is not connected to a court then ask them to take the sign down and cite the preemption law of 1990.