• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise airport OC

whiplash

imported post

just found this site....really good info. Just some background. I have CCed for a couple years now. But I would really like to start OC, especially during summer time. And so far I have found this site to have some very interesting reading. One question I have as my first post is, what kind of policy does the Boise airport have on OC? I now its not allowed past security check points, but wasnt sure on the areas prior to that. Such example would be just waiting for passenger arrival, in the lobby/waiting area. Just wondering.....looks like I have a lot of reading/research to do...

bourneshooter

imported post

Several of us have OC'd at the airport.

I've done it a couple times. Did talk to Saint and some others beforehand to make sure it was legal. As long as you don't go past the security checkpoint, your legal to carry.

Saint

imported post

I have OCed at the airport about a half dozen times with no problems. My understanding is that the Boise airport falls under criteria of a 'public place' and as it allows you to carry weapons to be checked in baggage, you may most certainly carry in any area that is not prohibited (i.e. so long as you don't go beyone TSA security checkpoints)

The only signs that you will see posted are in reference to items prohbitited within the secure zone and do not carry over into the public areas of the airport.

whiplash

imported post

Thanks guys. I kind of figured you wouldnt be able to go past the security check point, common sense kicked in on that one. But other wise, I just wantd to hear from others who have, prior to the checkpoint. Thanks again.