• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clarification -- Carrying @ Marymoor Concert

Nebulis01

imported post

I'm planning on attending a concert later this summer. I've looked over the King County Parks website and can find no mention of it being prohibited (and I shouldn't be able to!)

I was also curious if anyone had attended a summer concert while OCing in the past.

King County Parks @ Mary Moor is here:

http://www.metrokc.gov/parks/marymoor/concerts-marymoor.html

Definitions.For the purposes of this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the indicated meanings:

(1) "Outdoor music festival" or "music festival" or "festival" means an assembly of persons gathered primarily for outdoor, live or recorded musical entertainment, where the predicted attendance is two thousand persons or more and where the duration of the program is five hours or longer: PROVIDED, That this definition shall not be applied to any regularly established permanent place of worship, stadium, athletic field, arena, auditorium, coliseum, or other similar permanently established places of assembly for assemblies which do not exceed by more than two hundred fifty people the maximum seating capacity of the structure where the assembly is held: PROVIDED, FURTHER, That this definition shall not apply to government sponsored fairs held on regularly established fairgrounds nor to assemblies required to be licensed under other laws or regulations of the state.

(2) "Promoter" means any person or other legal entity issued a permit to conduct an outdoor music festival.

(3) "Applicant" means the promoter who has the right of control of the conduct of an outdoor music festival who applies to the appropriate legislative authority for a license to hold an outdoor music festival.

(4) "Issuing authority" means the legislative body of the local governmental unit where the site for an outdoor music festival is located.

(5) "Participate" means to knowingly provide or deliver to the festival site supplies, materials, food, lumber, beverages, sound equipment, generators, or musical entertainment and/or to attend a music festival. A person shall be presumed to have knowingly provided as that phrase is used herein after he has been served with a court order.
Referenced from: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=70.108&full=true

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

If the concert meets the legal definition of outdoor music festival then don't carry while at the concert.

edited because I wasn't paying attention...

heresolong

imported post

SV_L, not sure of the point of your post but it appears to confirm the original post that this is not a music festival.

That being said I don't know that I would want to OC at a concert just because there are too many people pressed together. I wouldn't be able to be that vigilant regarding my firearm. I think I would go with CC and a light shirt to cover the firearm instead.

joeroket

imported post

It appears to me that it would not fall under the RCW unless the specific concert is five hours long or more. Going off thier line-up it would appear that only 4 or so would probably meet the definition.

heresolong

imported post

I was thinking about hitting one or two of the concerts at Chateau St Michelle Winery in Woodinville and looking over their website I see no rules about firearms. If they ask you to leave or won't let you in when you arrive at the concert do they have to refund your ticket purchase price if they have not prohibited firearms in the rules that they have posted in advance? I would hate to pony up $$$ for a concert and then get screwed out of my concert AND my $$$.

joeroket

imported post

Most establishements will allow refunds if you are asked to leave or denied entrance for somethig that is not in violation of thier policies. I know it sounds wierd to be asked to leave for something that is not a policy but that is were most of them typically stand.

Personally I wouldn't spend the money until I was sure one way or the other.

Stitebunny

imported post

I went to a concert there yesterday and noticed a sign with all the typical "not allowed" items. Outside alcohol, pets, etc. Also on that list was firearms. But the "no cameras" sign was taped on top of this sign and covering most of the writing!! They really didn't want cameras in there! Had to take my girlfriends back to the car. Depending on the concert, i wouldn't open carry if it was allowed. Alot of rowdy drunk people acting crazy in tight quarters.