• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing ALL THE TIME??

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

This forum has been very valuable, with regard to legal information, etc.., However, as I sit back and ponder thought, it is difficult to understand why so many of you are so "wrapped up" in "open carrying"??? The fact that I CAN carry openly, doesn't mean that I go everywhere with my firearm in the open! Why do so many of you choose to do this? Why are there sooooomany of you guys posting your latest "RUN-INS"with either a law enforcement official, or a business owner???I carry EVERYDAY. I have NEVER been asked to leaveANY establishment. Why? I don'tpublicly "display" my firearm. Can I display it? SURE! It would seem that the ONLY people carryingin the open, are those that DESIRE ATTENTION. Ormaybe those actually seeking confrontation. The guy with asmall bulge under his t-shirt is not going to be asked to leave a store. Don't get me wrong, with regards to all of our"rights and freedoms". I fully support them. I served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights.I think that all this "testing" of"WHICH BUSINESS IS GOING TO THROW ME OUT NEXT?" is crazy!!! Why is it that you don't ever see an off-duty police officer carrying his off-dutyfirearm out in the open?Probably, because he HAS NO NEED TO DRAW ANY ATTENTION TO HIMSELF!YOU ALL seem tohave this need. Is this TRULY a forum of people JUST desiring to EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS? Or is it an "EGO" thing? You don't have a CFP? Get one!But until you do, go right ahead and carry openly. If you already have a CFP, then put your shirt over your cool looking GUN!!!! Try this for a while, and I bet nobody will ever say ANYTHING to you again. But then, I guess, there would be NOTHING to discuss here in the FORUM! I ran a business in Weber County for a couple years. If a person came into my establishment "displaying" a firearm, I would ask them if they had a CFP. If they did not, I asked them to leave. Private Property. "MY PROPERTY". No loss of income. At least, with a CFP, your butt is documented with BCI. I'm ok with that. Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one on MY property with a gun! It's also your right to protest in public. BUT NOT ON MY PROPERTY! Stop seeking attention and complaining about establishments that ask you to leave---- PULL YOUR SHIRT OVER YOUR WEAPON. CArry in the open? EXPECT ATTENTION-- FOREVER!

GeneticsDave

imported post

Alright Master Sarg. We get it, you CC. Good for you. Now why did you join a forum dedicated to OC, when you are against it? Just to be a troll? Seems like it. Booo.... I thought better of Marines, perhaps SGT Jensen is right.

mkl

imported post

Marine Master Sergeant wrote:
This forum has been very valuable, with regard to legal information, etc.., However, as I sit back and ponder thought, it is difficult to understand why so many of you are so "wrapped up" in "open carrying"??? The fact that I CAN carry openly, doesn't mean that I go everywhere with my firearm in the open!  Why do so many of you choose to do this?  Why are there sooooo many of you guys posting your latest   "RUN-INS" with either a law enforcement official, or a business owner???  I carry EVERYDAY.  I have NEVER been asked to leave ANY establishment.  Why?  I don't publicly "display" my firearm.  Can I display it?  SURE!  It would seem that the ONLY people carrying in the open, are those that DESIRE ATTENTION.  Or maybe those actually seeking confrontation.  The guy with a small bulge under his t-shirt is not going to be asked to leave a store.  Don't get me wrong, with regards to all of our "rights and freedoms".  I fully support them.  I served more than 20 years active duty in the Marine Corps, defending our rights.  I  think that all this "testing" of "WHICH BUSINESS IS GOING TO THROW ME OUT NEXT?" is crazy!!!  Why is it that you don't ever see an off-duty police officer carrying his off-duty firearm out in the open?  Probably, because he HAS NO NEED TO DRAW ANY ATTENTION TO HIMSELF! YOU ALL seem to have this need.  Is this TRULY  a forum of people JUST desiring to EXERCISE THEIR RIGHTS?  Or is it an "EGO" thing? You don't have a CFP? Get one!  But until you do, go right ahead and carry openly.  If you already have a CFP, then put your shirt over your cool looking GUN!!!!  Try this for a while, and I bet nobody will ever say ANYTHING to you again.  But then, I guess, there would be NOTHING to discuss here in the FORUM!  I ran a business in Weber County for a couple years.  If a person came into my establishment "displaying" a firearm, I would ask them if they had a CFP.  If they did not, I asked them to leave.  Private Property.  "MY PROPERTY".  No loss of income.  At least, with a CFP, your butt is documented with BCI.  I'm ok with that.  Otherwise, I'm gonna be the only one on MY property with a gun!  It's also your right to protest in public.  BUT NOT ON MY PROPERTY!  Stop seeking attention and complaining about establishments that ask you to leave---- PULL YOUR SHIRT OVER YOUR WEAPON.  CArry in the open?  EXPECT ATTENTION-- FOREVER!

If you are actually interested in OpenCarry, (like why some people choose it over CC), stick around and read the forum. If you aren't interested in open carry, then why are you on the internet posting on an Open Carry forum?

We respect your decision to CC, please respect our decision to OC without insulting us.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Here is one of the comments posted on the LA Times website.
1041. Fascinating story from my point of view. I'm serving in Iraq and openly carry everywhere I go. It's not a lot of fun. Which is to say that at least the people in the story give the impression that they are just having fun and don't understand the implications of what they do. It's easy to talk tough when nobody is shooting at you. I wonder how they would react if suddenly they should find themselves on the receiving end of a weapon.I believe in the right to own and carry weapons. But only after gun safety classes and probably an idiot check. Most gun owners such as those in the artice would fail that portion.

Submitted by: A Marine in Iraq
10:09 PM PDT, June 6, 2008

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

Great to see our tax dollars at work! Mr. "state administrator". Oh, by the way, "Just the reply I would expect from a state administrator!

ScottyT

imported post

If you would like to have an intelligent conversation about OC, feel free to stick around.

If you are going to continue to insult us -- especially one of us as respected as SGT Jensen -- you are not welcome here.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Another meathead from the LA Times comments.
694. @Marine in Iraq, 67 "I believe in the right to own and carry weapons. But only after gun safety classes and probably an idiot check. Most gun owners such as those in the artice would fail that portion." And a lot of Marines would fail too. How many bullets do you have in the clearing barrel outside the chow hall as of now, may I ask? About every other week we would have some grunt (or a 1LT) "clear" his weapon, point it in the barrel, and BOOM! Soldiers aren't immune to stupid around guns either, least not the ones I know.

Submitted by: Another Marine
5:12 PM PDT, June 7, 2008

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Great to see our tax dollars at work! Mr. "state administrator". Oh, by the way, "Just the reply I would expect from a state administrator
So, when you enlisted, did you swear to support and uphold the Constitution of the United States, or just parts of it?

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

No ScottyT, I'm pretty much done here. I am now well aware that the sole purpose of this forum is for people to discuss their latest "run-in" with the law, or their "NEAR-MISS" with regard to having their "constitutional rights" violated. The legal information provided by all these different forums is GREAT information. The continuous "TESTING" of these laws, is the question-- It just seems to be, based on the context ofsome of these postings, that some of you are not necessarily open carrying to personally protect yourselves.They are constantly doing it to "TEST THE SYSTEM". If all this madness someday DOES affect or impact my right to carry, then it will be you all to blame. Who can argue with that??P.S.The "well-respected" SgtJensen insulted me first.

Lthrnck

imported post

Master Sgt.

I truly doubt you are a Marine, and if you are, I am truly sorry to have you in my ranks. What did you do for those 20 years. Keep you head buried in the sand. You supposely served to defend the consitution and yet you sit there belittling the ones who exercise just one of the many rights we have.

I truly believe you are nothing more then a troll... go away.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I have not used this forum to attack anyone until today.

I did not attack you personally, I attacked the majority of the U.S. Marine Corps.

Just like you came here to attack us with your very first post.

Meathead. (There, happy now?)

xmirage2kx

imported post

No ScottyT, I'm pretty much done here. I am now well aware that the sole purpose of this forum is for people to discuss their latest "run-in" with the law, or their "NEAR-MISS" with regard to having their "constitutional rights" violated. The legal information provided by all these different forums is GREAT information. The continuous "TESTING" of these laws, is the question-- It just seems to be, based on the context ofsome of these postings, that some of you are not necessarily open carrying to personally protect yourselves.They are constantly doing it to "TEST THE SYSTEM". If all this madness someday DOES affect or impact my right to carry, then it will be you all to blame. Who can argue with that??P.S.The "well-respected" SgtJensen insulted me first.

You start by troll-ing a forum and then get butthurt when you are called a meathead :banghead:

There are "laws" that are being enforced that are illegal. All is takes isgood men to do nothing for evil to win.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Great to see our tax dollars at work! Mr. "state administrator". Oh, by the way, "Just the reply I would expect from a state administrator!

That's OCDO State FORUM Administrator. For someone that allegedly defended the Constitution for over 20 years, you sure know very little about it or about America for that matter.

Why come here using your alleged title of Marine Master Sergeant and not just a handle or name? Why are you OPEN CARRYING your rank around? Hoping it will get you some attention or somehow establish you as an expert in an area you know nothing about, namely OC? Would that be a Political/Military statement on your part?

OC is the RIGHT to keep andbear ams as designed by our founders. CC is merely "permission" from the state to hide them. You feel free to keep right on begging the state for permission like a good little subject, and I'll keep right on practicing my God given right to self defense as an American Citizen.

I expect better from a Marine. I demand better from a brother E8.

Bob Cavalcante
GSCS(SW), USN (Ret.)

FogRider

imported post

You know what? You are absolutely right. I really should stop exercising my rights if someone else is uncomfortable with me exercising them. And I am going to stop complaning when an officer of the law decides that he doesn't like a particular law, and tells me about it. After all, it's an officers job to tell me how I should live my life. So from now on, I am going to hide my shameful weapon so I have the appearance of a good little citizen and nobody will get their feelings hurt.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I doubt he was even a Marine as the Marines I know have a LOT more honor and respect for the Constitution we know and love and for those who defend it in any form.

Just another troll. Shall we close? What say yee?