• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing ALL THE TIME??

rocknsnow

imported post

Now that is my mistake. Thanks for the clarification. I really wan't sure what that meant. So that is my mistake. Sorry about that. Guess I would assume quite as much. I just hope that everyone just gets along. We are all fighting the same battle. We are all defending out right to carry. It is just how we wish to go about carrying.

Marine Master Sergeant

imported post

FINAL DEPARTING WORDS-- NO NEED FOR ANY MORE POSTS HERE

As I sit back and listen (read) all the replies to my initial posting, I am truly amazedby the actual way my comments were taken (by some).

Factors usually exist, forpeople to feel a need to take some sort of action. You all seem to justify youractions with the Constitution. Your fear of potentially losing a right. Totally understandable. Or maybe, not necessarily a "fear" of losing the right--but adesire to "express" or "exercise" it. This is done each and every day. I think a LONG, HARD look should be taken at some of your forum topics. Don't look from the inside out, but from the OUTSIDE in. A VAST majority of your topics either involve "being seen", or "Iwas ableto educate somebody today", or "no LEO's bothered me". DOES THIS SEND A MESSAGE TO ANY NORMAL PERSON THAT YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO EXERCISE A RIGHT? This sends a pretty clear message that you are intentionally WANTING and HOPING to be seen, and also WANTING and HOPING to get some attention.This appears to be a forum for making some sort of on-going"activist" statement. All the "get togethers". All the "let's all meet for Lunch". Thoseof you who defend your right to OC, with all your heart- those of you who boycott any establishment that asks you to leave. I ask you, "why are you not also posting your request for a boycott of those places on the Concealed Carry website? Those are your "Brothers and Sisters" ALSO. Are they not? Wouldn't they have just as much a desire to assist you withthe "CAUSE"? Three quarters of you guys are playing around on both sites anyway!

You all sit back in youchairs and ask yourself one question-- Now, when you ask yourself this question, You need to answer it, as if the question was coming from the "BIGGUY UPSTAIRS" himself------ so go ahead and "lie" if you dare.

"WHEN YOU OPEN CARRY, ARE YOU DOING IT SO THAT YOU MIGHT GET ANY SORT OF ATTENTION FROM IT?"

Some of you are going to a very "HOT" place-- when your time comes to an end here.

I appreciate the name-calling. I appreciate the degrading comments. "Sticks and Stones" Yadda Yadda. No harm there.

If you think for ONE MINUTE- That I am going to STOP OPEN CARRYING, or stopCONCEALED CARRYING- you are truly stupid. I think I do it for reasonsTHAT DIFFER from almost everybody in here.
That "Constitutional right" that all you "sea-lawyers" refer to, is referring to "PROTECTION"

You all keep tying it into "SPEECH"

Protection needs no response--but a handful of youWANT ONE!! "PLEASE REACT IN SOME WAY TO WHAT I AM DOING, SO I CAN POST IT."

I can honestly say that some of you embarrass me. There is"TRULY" an AGENDA here, and it's not entirely wrapped around "rights" or "speech". (Are some of you feeling a little heat? It's not too late to change your answer to that question from the MAN------------ I think??)

This forum is not "PROMOTING" the CAUSE. This IS NOT a forum of my brothers and sisters. It's a forum of "image" driven individuals (not all of you). But again, "if the shoe fits..."

Finally--

It is my hope that every person in the nation CARRIES A GUN. This is totally fine with me! (provided, they don't have a legal history preventing them)

There just seems to be some "bad-apples" in this bunch, that have "TAKEN UP SOME CAUSE" FOR ME AND ALL THE OTHER CITIZENS.

WHEN YOU GET STOPPED BY AN OFFICER- BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WILL-- BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MOST OF YOU HOPEWILL HAPPEN. --- Whatever you say, PLEASE don't refer toMY rights-- refer to yours. Nobody hired you to speak for all of us.

NOW GO BACK AND CHANGE YOUR ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION - QUICK!!!!

You all take care, and be safe.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Marine Master Sergeant wrote:
[snip]
You all sit back in youchairs and ask yourself one question-- Now, when you ask yourself this question, You need to answer it, as if the question was coming from the "BIGGUY UPSTAIRS" himself------ so go ahead and "lie" if you dare.

"WHEN YOU OPEN CARRY, ARE YOU DOING IT SO THAT YOU MIGHT GET ANY SORT OF ATTENTION FROM IT?"

Some of you are going to a very "HOT" place-- when your time comes to an end here.[snip]

Aye aye cap'n

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Thoseof you who defend your right to OC, with all your heart- those of you who boycott any establishment that asks you to leave. I ask you, "why are you not also posting your request for a boycott of those places on the Concealed Carry website? Those are your "Brothers and Sisters" ALSO. Are they not? Wouldn't they have just as much a desire to assist you withthe "CAUSE"? Three quarters of you guys are playing around on both sites anyway!
Utah Concealed Carry Boycott List

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your making other marines on here, me, look bad.

Just because your a MSgt and did 20 years doesn't meen anything, your being an ass.

eddified

imported post

CCW and Open carry are not mutually exclusive. I don't see any logic to Marine Master Sargent's insistence that you can't be pro-opencarry and pro-concealed carry at the same time. If you're pro cc and pro open carry, great! All the more support for our 2nd amendment rights.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Some people will never get it.If my gun isn't good enough to come in the business, then neither is my money. That is also my right. And quite the opposite of wanting attention, I and most of us hereopen carry to be LEFT ALONE. PERIOD.

The gun on my hipis a VISIBLE REMINDER to all who see it thatbefore you walks an American who knows his rights, holds life to be sacred enough to defend, knows the law, haspreparedboth physically and mentally for the reality and potential consequences of carrying a gun and readily accepts the responsibility that goes along with it. Someone whocannot be forced to do anything illegal against my will, thatcan only be reasoned with. Somehow CC just doesn't get that point across.

Have a blessed day everyone.

(OBW -lying isn't good, but it's a venial sin andcertainly not "hell worthy")

swillden

imported post

FINAL DEPARTING WORDS-- NO NEED FOR ANY MORE POSTS HERE

As I sit back and listen (read) all the replies to my initial posting, I am truly amazedby the actual way my comments were taken (by some).
You were amazed? Wow. You come blasting in here with posts bursting with sarcasm and condescension, calling people idiots for open carrying -- even though you knew this was an open carry forum -- and you were SURPRISED to get strong reactions?

Are you stupid? Or lying? Or do you just not remember what you said?

Wow.

This appears to be a forum for making some sort of on-going"activist" statement. All the "get togethers". All the "let's all meet for Lunch".
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Why YES, this IS a forum for people interested in making an activist statement! It's also for people who can't CC, or don't want to CC for whatever reason (practical or political). But there's a BIG activist element here. That's why there's so much discussion about other constitutional rights we're supposed to have, not just the second amendment.

If that was the shocking revelation you expected us to get from looking at the topics from and "outsider's" viewpoint -- umm, we all knew that without looking.

I ask you, "why are you not also posting your request for a boycott of those places on the Concealed Carry website?
As SGT Jensen pointed out, we do. Your perspicacity is underwhelming, to say the least.

Yep.

I really enjoy it when I get asked about my gun and have a chance to educate someone. The clerk in OfficeMax asked me yesterday:

C: "You a police officer?"
M: "Nope"
C: "Just carrying? Cool! Is that legal?"
M: "Yep. Without a CFP, have to keep the chamber empty. With a CFP, fully loaded".
C: "Is that an XD?"
M: "Yep. Subcompact in 9mm. You familiar with it?"
C: "I have a 40 caliber XD. Love the gun. Don't have my CFP yet, though. You mean I could carry it as long as it's unloaded?"
M: "And not concealed. You should hop on utahconcealedcarry.com. People there will answer all your questions."
C: "Cool, I'll do that"

I'd have chatted longer, but my daughter was anxious to get going.

So, yeah, I want attention. I want the attention that gives me a chance to educate other citizens. I don't want attention from LEOs, other than maybe a grin and a thumbs up (which I have gotten), and I don't want attention from store managers who ask me to leave (which I have not gotten).

I also want attention from all of the people who are a little unnerved by guns; I want them to notice that I'm a normal guy, doing normal things, no danger to anyone, but that I wear a gun. I want them to become comfortable with that idea.

Some of you are going to a very "HOT" place-- when your time comes to an end here.
Why? I'm not the one who's been randomly insulting people.

I appreciate the name-calling. I appreciate the degrading comments. "Sticks and Stones" Yadda Yadda.
LOL. You do realize that you both started the name-calling and have done more of it than the rest of us combined, right?

If you think for ONE MINUTE- That I am going to STOP OPEN CARRYING, or stopCONCEALED CARRYING- you are truly stupid.
(Note the name-calling in the above).

Assuming you can control your mouth and your temper better in real life than you have here, I certainly hope you won't stop carrying. If you act the same way in real life as you do here -- please, sell your guns before you end up in prison after shooting someone you picked a fight with.

That "Constitutional right" that all you "sea-lawyers" refer to, is referring to "PROTECTION"

You all keep tying it into "SPEECH"
Actually, the constitutional right isn't really about either self-defense or speech. It's about maintaining the ability of the citizens to forcibly overthrow the government should that become necessary. It's also about providing for national defense, since most of the founders thought having a standing army was a bad idea.

Given that we have the right to keep and bear arms, protection is very worthwhile use of those arms.

However, without SPEECH and, indeed ACTIVISM to protect that right to keep and bear arms, the gun control forces in this nation (you'd better believe they're activists!) will eventually take away your right to protect yourself. OC is an important tool to teach the non-gun population that guns are not evil when in the hands of regular people.

MSM, you owe us a debt of gratitude. I'm going to piss some people off with this next comment, but so be it: You owe the ACTIVISTS in this country who defend your rights far more than they owe you for your military service. A few guys who risked prison to stand up for your rights have done more for our freedom than the military has for decades.

I can honestly say that some of you embarrass me. There is"TRULY" an AGENDA here
YES, YES, YES! There IS an agenda here. I can see you're not completely dense.

This forum is not "PROMOTING" the CAUSE. This IS NOT a forum of my brothers and sisters. It's a forum of "image" driven individuals (not all of you). But again, "if the shoe fits..."
Nope. You have started to pick up one or two clues about what's going on here (took you long enough), but there you go, off the rails again.

There just seems to be some "bad-apples" in this bunch, that have "TAKEN UP SOME CAUSE" FOR ME AND ALL THE OTHER CITIZENS.
Okay, I'm finally going to call you a name: Tory. It fits.

WHEN YOU GET STOPPED BY AN OFFICER- BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WILL-- BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MOST OF YOU HOPEWILL HAPPEN. --- Whatever you say, PLEASE don't refer toMY rights-- refer to yours. Nobody hired you to speak for all of us.
I'd be fine with you not caring about your rights if your apathy didn't threaten mine.

If I get stopped by a police officer while open carrying, the officer had better have a good reason for the stop (because I'm carrying a gun is NOT a good reason) or he's going to be facing a formal complaint at the least and perhaps a lawsuit.

Why? My answer stands.

You too. I take it that your valediction means that you're not going to come back and debate this like a man.

Typical troll. (That's not name-calling, that's a simple description of your actions here).

eddified

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Wearing a seatbelt ALL THE TIME??

WTF is wrong with you people?

:lol:

??
:question::question::question::question::question:
confused. No one said anything about seatbelts. Am I missing something?

eddified

imported post

Yeah, sorry, I'm the dense one. :p

In high school, some kids called me "Delayed Reaction Boy" because after a joke was told, I'd laugh later than the other kids. I guess I'm kinda slow when it comes to humor. (but that's where my slowness ends, I promise :) -- I actually did very well in school)

murph

imported post

MMS,

You can't honestly say you are surprised that peoplebecame upset (and sometimes insulting) about your comments! After all, this is a place where people who love to OC can talk about their experiences.

You came in here and judged us all based on your perception of what this forum is about. I'm sorry but if you think you can get a good feel of what someone's intentof Carrying Openly isfrom a few sentences on the internet you must have sorely overestimated your acuity or you are psychic!

The way I see it, this forum accomplishes two functions:

1. It is an assembling place for people to discuss issues they are having and to organize to take collective action when our rights are being suppressed.

2. It is a place to warn others of the problems some of us have had carrying openly at certain locales or in certain cities, or on occasion to vent our frustration about how people don't always see it our way.

With that said why did you feel the need to come into our world and tell us we are all egotistical and wrong for carrying openly and for having a forum like this to talk about it? Does that stroke your ego to tear someone else (or all of us) down? Can you answer that question honestly?

That's all I'm going to say on the subject. Thank you for your service, I have more respect for you and others who have served than I do for myself because I am unable to serve.

Murph

Count

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What is wrong with you? Do you consider yourself perfect? Do you care about the U.S. constitution or your opinion is a substitute for everything?