• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry on off road vehicals.

johnnyb

Banned
imported post

this law is utter nonsense and needs to be changed asap.

i wish someone could sue if they get attacked by a animal or another person while riding disarmed by the government.

i know O.F.F. has worked to get this changed, but the disgusting liberals killed it.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agreed. From what I've read from others, they pretty much ignore it and the cops don't even enforce it. Not that I'm saying that one should ignore the law. It could be to prevent poaching and the like, more than from self-defense purposes. It just needs to be reworded.

Orygunner

imported post

There were two separate bills in the House of Representatives introduced during the 2007 session that would have addressed the issue of carrying firearms on ATVs. Both of them were referred to the Judiciary committee, and sat there until the 2007 session ended.

I believe one would have redefined a "loaded" firearm to just not having a round in the firing chamber, the other would have exempted CHL holders from the law.

If you want the law changed, I would suggest looking up the bills at http://www.leg.state.or.us/ (you can search the 2007 session by text), finding who sponsored those bills and contact them to resubmit during the next legislative session. I plan on doing it once it gets closer to the next legislative session.

...Orygunner...

grishnav

imported post

Keep in mind it's a mere Class B violation, equivelant to speeding 11-20mph over the limit. Extremely unlikely you'll get arrested (though I believe technically you could be), very unlikely for there to be any jail time involved if convicted (just a fine), and wouldn't jeopardize your CHL if convicted (has to be a misdemeanor or worse)...