• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How often do you OC?

How often do you OC

• All the time, unless prohibited or not appropriate, I've got a pistol strapped on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About half the time

• I prefer CC, but you will occasionally see me OCing once in a while

• Seldom if ever, I'm not against OC though

• I only CC, but I find this forum helpful

• I don't have a gun, but I like this forum!

• Total voters

Godscreation

imported post

I OC everywhere I go. If I'm not at school or work, I'm OCing. I'm not against CC and when I get my CHP, I'll probably CC to church and stuff like that (right now I've been informed I cannot OC at church by my pastor, long story) but I always carry and always in the open. Almost four months have gone by and nothing negetive yet. I prefer deterrence over tactical suprise.

Kivuli

imported post

Several reasons. One, it's hard to hide a gun the size of my USP .45, even on my large frame. Two, it's hot as heck out there. Three, I prefer not having to worry about whether or not I'm flashing, printing, or whathaveyou. Four, I'm vehemently pro-2nd amendment and I want to exercise that right while we still have it. :p Five, I prefer deterrence to tactical surprise as well. Especially since it's easier to draw from an open holster than from under my dress shirts.

FogRider

imported post

I carry daily, but conceal a lot more than I would prefer. I work in Denver where it is CC only, so I usually end up concealing for my entire commute. I often unzip my jacket as soon as I am over the border on my way home, so I OC a little bit. Other than that, I OC unless I am going into Denver.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

I am not even allowed to come into my office with an empty holster, so I CC most of the time. The rest of the time, wether it is my paddle holster or my IWB, I have my coat over my sidearm and it is concealed.

apcci2

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
(right now I've been informed I cannot OC at church by my pastor, long story)

I can see where he might have a problem with this, but he would have an even bigger problem when some thug kicks in the door and starts shootingright after the offering plates are passed.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

apcci2 wrote:
Godscreation wrote:
(right now I've been informed I cannot OC at church by my pastor, long story)

I can see where he might have a problem with this, but he would have an even bigger problem when some thug kicks in the door and starts shootingright after the offering plates are passed.
Then CCing would do the job. I would totally understand and respect your pastor not wanting OCing. OCing in it's very nature (right now in America anyway) is a political statement, and I can see how he wouldn't want church turned into a place for you to broadcast your political views on the 2nd Amendment.

acritical

imported post

If I am not working, or in a place prohibited by law, I am carrying. If I could convince my company to allow me to carry at work, I would carry there to.

Why?? Simple, don't want to be one of the ones that say, "I should have had my protection".

ScottyT

imported post

Always carrying (never fly, never go to the post office, never go to courthouse...).

OC maybe 90% of the time that I am not at work.

CC to photo shoots, wedding receptions, other "formal" events.

Panos1296

imported post

I own a restaurant and I always take my gun to work. I OC when I get there, but take it off once I make it the office. During the day, I leave my gun in the office. After dark, I CC. I dont need a CHP on my own property. When I leave, it is OC.

I only OCedonce so faraway from my business. I boughtgas at Costco the other day and I OCed. I was nervous as hell and they were busy.Nothing happened though.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

So, what restaurant is this? With a name like Panos, sounds like you may have some Greek influence. I would love to try a new place out. You can PM me if you would rather not make it public, but I can't imagine that a little publicity would hurt. :monkey