• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need national support from everyone on OpenCarry.org

imperialism2024

imported post

I mean... after reading both threads, I still don't see any conclusive evidence that there was intimidation. We just know that a property owner changed his mind on allowing OC. There may indeed be a time to sound the alarm, but it doesn't seem like that time is right now. Let's wait for all the info to come in.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I mean... after reading both threads, I still don't see any conclusive evidence that there was intimidation. We just know that a property owner changed his mind on allowing OC. There may indeed be a time to sound the alarm, but it doesn't seem like that time is right now. Let's wait for all the info to come in.
No argument here imperial, just a bit of a rant.

I see this (Rocky's) situation to end up similar to Chief William Stadnitski (Dickson Dozen) attempts to con business owners to prohibit possession on their property.

Jerry and his son(s) had made previous arrangements to allow the OCDO booth at the show, which the owner was looking forward to as much as we were. That being said, this implies-at least to me-the chief intimidated/con the owner into prohibiting OC. IMHO, I don't believe the owner is prohibiting CC, but, at that point what would good would it do to CC atthe OCDO booth and handout pamphlets on OC.