• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a 4-6 July weekend in SW Virginia

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We're leaving Boone, NC on July 4, and hoping to find somewhere in SW Virginia, preferably along 81 somewhere, to spend the night of the 4th, see some fireworks, and chill before heading home. I read last year about small towns along I-81 that have real festivals, but haven't found any good information yet.

Anyone know of the area and what we might check out? National Parks are out - the rules won't have changed yet.

Thndr

imported post

There usually set off fireworks in Vinton, Roanoke, Franklin(West Lake area near Hardy Ford Bridge), and I am sure there are some more.

P.S. Just a warning the LEO's are working real hard lately and usually are step it up for the 4th so I imaging it is going to be real heavy so watch that foot. Word from an anonymous officer he was told basically "we need funds for rising fuel cost" interpet that as you will.