Thread: OC At My Business, Rental Property

Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley, California, USA

Post imported post

I own my own business, a restaurant in the central San Fernando Valley. I have a liquor license (fingerprint, background check, classes, etc.). My lease does not prohibit firearms. For those of you that have studied the CPC in depth, can you please render your opinions on:

1. Can I open carry uloaded at my business?
    2. Can I open carry loaded?
    3. Can I carry concealed?
    I suspect the answers to 1 and 2 are yes, and 3 is no, but feel free to render your interpretation and direct me to the relevant posts.

I'm not sure I'd want to open carry, but only because it might give my patrons the wrong impression of the safety of my faciliity. (Who knows, maybe they'd feel safer...) On the other hand, I have the common SFV problems of graffiti in my restroom, drunks on the property, and the occasional crazy person locked in the ladies room (she assaulted my wife when asked to leave)! I'd like to be able to defend myself, my considerable investment in the business, and the day's cash receipts.

Any thoughts?

Post imported post

On your property which you control (and you do, as lessee) I believe you can carry concealed, carry open or carry open unloaded. I'd recommend concealed loaded, personally.

State Researcher

Post imported post

wayneco wrote:
    On your property which you control (and you do, as lessee) I believe you can carry concealed, carry open or carry open unloaded. I'd recommend concealed loaded, personally.
    If you do I would recommend having an attorney first. Read about the case law in People v Overturf (Cato's post about 1/2 way down the page):

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=4062&forum_id=12
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.