• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

XD .40 SC replacement sights

Aegis

imported post

OK....about a year ago I replaced the sights on my wifes Taurus PT 908 9mm with a set of nice tritium night sites; I went back a few days ago to the same gunsmith to have the same work done on my XD .40, he informed me that no one made tritium replacement sites for my pistol.

I find this VERY hard to believe.....anyone have any ideas????:question:

Aegis

imported post

Thanks ....I had Meprolights placed on my wifes 9mm; may have confused him and caused him to believe I wanted the same brand on my XD.

Found the website, appreciate it.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, off the top of my head, TruGlo, Trijicon, Heine and Meprolight all make tritium and/or tritium/fiber optic sights for the XDs, some of them several choices. I'm sure there are others. Dawson makes fiber optic for them but I don't know if they have tritium sights for the XDs.

ETA: Big Dot also makes a tritium sight for XDs.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Aegis wrote:
OK....about a year ago I replaced the sights on my wifes Taurus PT 908 9mm with a set of nice tritium night sites; I went back a few days ago to the same gunsmith to have the same work done on my XD .40, he informed me that no one made tritium replacement sites for my pistol.

I find this VERY hard to believe.....anyone have any ideas????:question:

well he doesn't know what he's talking about..

http://www.tacticalresponsegear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=3515

LongRider

imported post

Take a look at TruGlow Fiber Optic Night Sights. They are what I have on my XD. They are excellent they glow in the day time and at night bright clear sights indoors or out in ALL lighting condition