• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WVC

Schuy

imported post

I recently heard about this website on the radio so I thought I would check it out, I don't think that I will make many posts but I will drop by often and read the posts. First of all let me say kudos to you all, I believe that more people should open carry for the plain and simple fact that it will deture a would be criminal. I read the problems that a few of you have had with the WVCPD and it infuriated me. I grew up in West Valley City and I currently live in WVC. A couple of law abiding citzens carrying a weapon legally is the least of their problems and they should focus there efforts elseware.I got my CCP in 2001 and my weapon is just part of getting dressed each day. I have always carried concealed and feel it to be the safest way for me personallyto carry..... HOWEVER, reading your stories about the WVCPD has inspired me to perhaps OC from time to time, I belive it to be our right to choose how we carry our guns and ignorance on the law enforcment side does not justify being a bully with a badge! I wonder what it felt like to my grandparents to live in a free America.

Cremator75

imported post

Schuy wrote:
A couple of law abiding citzens carrying a weapon legally is the least of their problems and they should focus there efforts elseware.

Very true. My wifes sister was shot and killed in a drive by in WVC near the mall 10 years ago. We don't live in SLC anymore, but I hear it is still pretty ruff in a few areas.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Cremator75 wrote:
Schuy wrote:
A couple of law abiding citzens carrying a weapon legally is the least of their problems and they should focus there efforts elseware.

Very true. My wifes sister was shot and killed in a drive by in WVC near the mall 10 years ago. We don't live in SLC anymore, but I hear it is still pretty ruff in a few areas.

Oh my....

Was that the girl that was "mistaken" ID due to the car by a Gang Banger @ 3500 S & 2700 W intersection?

I rememeber that tragedy very well.:cry:

My condolences to you, your wife and her family.

TJ

Schuy

imported post

It was on the progam "Gun Talk" it airs on sundays on 570am but you can also download the progam from the web site in a "pod" cast format which is how I usually catch it, Give it a listen if you haven't heard it before,Tom (the host) is for open carry and he has plugged the website a couple times.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Schuy wrote:
It was on the progam "Gun Talk" it airs on sundays on 570am but you can also download the progam from the web site in a "pod" cast format which is how I usually catch it, Give it a listen if you haven't heard it before, Tom (the host) is for open carry and he has plugged the website a couple times.

By chance do you remember about what time he talked about it?

For anyone who wants to listen to try and find it, I'm listening to the first hour right now here.

ScottyT

imported post

Welcome to the forum Schuy!

We are going to the WVC City Council meeting next week, and then dinner afterwards. Come on out and meet some great folks!

Cremator75

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Cremator75 wrote:
Schuy wrote:

Oh my....

Was that the girl that was "mistaken" ID due to the car by a Gang Banger @ 3500 S & 2700 W intersection?

I rememeber that tragedy very well.:cry:

My condolences to you, your wife and her family.

TJ
Been a while, so I don't remember the intersection address, but that is the story. And the a$$hole anly got a few years. He has actually received more time added on from all his prison fights than he got from the original murder. Something is wrong with that picture. He was a bad shot to. He emptied a full mag into a car with 3 people and only one round connected. Unfortunantly that was all it took.