• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want To Trade SA 1911A1

Patch

imported post

clear.gif

Ok,for you 1911 guys.......I have an SA 1911A1 with original box, original mag, 2 new unfired SA mags with pounders. 1911 has only 15 rounds through it that I know of. The guy I got it from said it was fired only 14 times, and only once since I had it. Parkerized finish. Oh, have the original box also. 1911 has brand new Hogue rubber grips and I still have the original wooden ones as well.

I will throw in the holster and mag carrier shown in the pics.....also brand new.

I am looking to get another larger frame .45 (Glock or Sig P220 would be nice LOL), but will consider .40 as well as 9mm dpending on the model. 9mm would be my last choice and only for something I really likeJust not a big 1911 fan so am looking for something else. If I can find the right handgun that is not in .45 I will throw in some ammo also. If I cannot get a Sig, then I have a brand new drop leg holster for the 1911.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

Guest1650

imported post

Patch wrote:
"How about a Springfield XD tactical .45acp?"

Uh, ya, that would suffice!

:)
Id trade my 40.xd.. not a round through it.. have the whole kit for it, along with a few extended mags, and a halster.

Patch

imported post

Kinda hoping Drew gets back to me.............XD would work for me and the tactical is the size I like..........hate the 1911! Only reason I got it was that the wife wouldnt let me buy a sidearm after getting the AR and all it's goodies......got the 1911 in a smoking trade! Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to handguns ya know!

Chomping at the bit to drive down to Seattle and pick it up LOL!!

Paging Drew! Pagin Drew!

:banghead:

Bear 45/70

imported post

Patch wrote:
Kinda hoping Drew gets back to me.............XD would work for me and the tactical is the size I like..........hate the 1911! Only reason I got it was that the wife wouldnt let me buy a sidearm after getting the AR and all it's goodies......got the 1911 in a smoking trade! Beggars can't be choosers when it comes to handguns ya know!

Chomping at the bit to drive down to Seattle and pick it up LOL!!

Paging Drew! Pagin Drew!

:banghead:
That's teason talk there. Everybody should have at least one 1911. Real gun people have three or four minimum
happy0198.gif

just_a_car

imported post

For those that have cash but don't want to trade away a gun, why not arrange to buy a gun for Patch and "trade" it to him?

No, I am not talking about a straw-man purchase here. I don't believe there's any time limit required to legally 'trade' a firearm with someone after purchase, but I could be wrong.

IANAL.

Patch

imported post

I am actually finding this kind of funny LOL

Have this posted on ARFCOM also and between there and here alot of guys want it but not willing to part with a current pistol LOL!

If i was not wanting to get rid of it before a planned shoot I have this weekend I would just cash it out and go buy something else LOL

FogRider

imported post

Patch wrote:
I am actually finding this kind of funny LOL

Have this posted on ARFCOM also and between there and here alot of guys want it but not willing to part with a current pistol LOL!

If i was not wanting to get rid of it before a planned shoot I have this weekend I would just cash it out and go buy something else LOL
It is amusing, but not really very surprising if you think about it. If I wanted a 1911 (and I do, gonna do some shopping tonight in fact), and I didn't want my XD, I would have already sold my XD and bought a 1911.

ETA:
You're sure yo won't take cash?

Patch

imported post

If i dont swap it by Saturday mid day I will just cash it out and go buy something for the next shoot.

Will keep you cash guys in mind!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Suggestion:
Take sealed bids by way of PM. Then come Saturday you'll have a bid in your range, if not, then you could take it and trade it in.

knight_308

imported post

I've got a Ruger P94 in 9mm I've had since new I'd consider trading for a decent 1911. It's not as nice a gun as the SA one, but I've got a few hundred rounds of ammo I could throw in. I've only got the two factory 10 round mags and four unreliable 15 rounders. I've got a nice Don Hume IWB holster for it, too.

Patch

imported post

9mm will be my last option, and sadly I have never been a fan of the Ruger P series.....but, I do thank you for your offer and consideration of my 1911!!

Almost had a Beretta in .40, which I would have loved, almost had another XD today too!