• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want To Trade SA 1911A1

Patch

imported post

Thought I would share with you guys.........last night at 9pm I put an ad on Craig's list offering my trade. Tried to make it easy for gun savvy people to make sense of, but not blatant that it was a handgun and guess what? Post stayed up untill 11am today! LOL! Alot of responses, but from people I obviousley did not want to deal with as shown by this response: " 'sup g? 1911s be smoking ass gats bro! gots me Glock in40 that i think is the shits but wants me something bigger and badder. send me a pic and lets trade some horses! iam in everett and would come to your crib right now "

HA! Right man, let's deal LOL!

Then, my posted finally was flagged and removed today and shortly after, I recieved this email: " Regarding your posted sale item on Craig's list: I conducted a Google search and it appears you are offering for trade a handgun for other types of handguns. You sir are a disturbed person! Why on earth would you want to arm people? Do you not understand that guns are NOT toys and kill people every day? Sick people such as yourself should be locked away! Can you tell me sir why you need to have a gun or feel the need to arm others? Do you not understand that we HAVE to have police and military to protect ourselves from idiots like you? Get a life and take your violence elsewhere because WE do not want you in Snohomish County!! Go to Iraq or something with the rest of the gun toting animals! That's why puppies are thrown down cliffs!!

Get a life!

Sheri Everett WA
"

Just thought I would share

:what:

ScottyT

imported post

Is this the GI, Loaded, Operator, etc...?

Would you be willing to do FFL transfer to/from Utah?

I have the XD 45 Compact with one 10-round and one 13-round mag (with grip extension)

Patch

imported post

It is the standard 1911A1. Fixed blade style sight.

If not locally swapped by tomorrow, I will be deciding if I want to cash it out or consider doing an out of state transfer through my FFL. Will keep you offer in mind.

thanks for the response!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Freaking flag happy people on CL. I had some items for sale and they competed with someone else. My ad got flagged and removed while the other ad continued. I got smart and copied his ad. As long as you are bartering it meets the guidelines for posting.

knight_308

imported post

Patch wrote:
9mm will be my last option, and sadly I have never been a fan of the Ruger P series.....but, I do thank you for your offer and consideration of my 1911!!

I'm actually a little relieved. I started feeling guilty as soon as I made the offer; it was my first gun :D.

I do prefer my 1911, though.

Nosrac

imported post

Patch wrote:
" Regarding your posted sale item on Craig's list: I conducted a Google search and it appears you are offering for trade a handgun for other types of handguns. You sir are a disturbed person! Why on earth would you want to arm people? Do you not understand that guns are NOT toys and kill people every day? Sick people such as yourself should be locked away! Can you tell me sir why you need to have a gun or feel the need to arm others? Do you not understand that we HAVE to have police and military to protect ourselves from idiots like you? Get a life and take your violence elsewhere because WE do not want you in Snohomish County!! Go to Iraq or something with the rest of the gun toting animals! That's why puppies are thrown down cliffs!!

Get a life!

Sheri Everett WA
"

Just thought I would share

:what:
Thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately it's a little sad too that she is so clueless.