Thread: Martial Arts Schools

Post imported post

As someone that is looking into finding a martial arts school I like at the moment, I'd love to know what schools are carry friendly to OC and CC...

What schools are known to be friendly or unfriendly?

I would hope most are friendly.

Post imported post

Team Ruthless in Manassas is COMPLETELY OK with OC and CC.
    They hold regular Krav Maga, Knife, BJJ, and Gun classes and partner with several national and international Martial Arts associations.

They also are a great power lifting and cross-fit type gym. For the ladies so inclined, they have a bi-weekly pole dancing class

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    As someone that is looking into finding a martial arts school I like at the moment, I'd love to know what schools are carry friendly to OC and CC...

It's also important where in VA.

Neil Ehrlich at American Karate Institute in Alexandria is also an NRA instructor.

I used to study hapkido in Alexandria (Little River Turnpike, across from Jerry's Ford) but can't find a listing for Master Um now. When he asked why I wanted to learn hapkido, I told him if I were attacked, I'd like to be able to drop the attacker and keep him down long enough to draw my gun and my cell phone (before I started OC). Master Um was cool with that ... but I never tried carrying there.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    Team Ruthless in Manassas is COMPLETELY OK with OC and CC.
    They hold regular Krav Maga, Knife, BJJ, and Gun classes and partner with several national and international Martial Arts associations.

They also are a great power lifting and cross-fit type gym. For the ladies so inclined, they have a bi-weekly pole dancing class

Does anybody teach Krav Maga near Richmond?

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    DonTreadOnMe wrote:

It's also important where in VA.

Neil Ehrlich at American Karate Institute in Alexandria is also an NRA instructor.

I used to study hapkido in Alexandria (Little River Turnpike, across from Jerry's Ford) but can't find a listing for Master Um now. When he asked why I wanted to learn hapkido, I told him if I were attacked, I'd like to be able to drop the attacker and keep him down long enough to draw my gun and my cell phone (before I started OC). Master Um was cool with that ... but I never tried carrying there.
    Yea, for me...I am looking for a school I like in the va beach/norfolk area... But it be nice to know which are friendly and not in other areas. I am sure I am not the only one that would find the info useful.

Post imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
    Yea, for me...I am looking for a school I like in the va beach/norfolk area... But it be nice to know which are friendly and not in other areas. I am sure I am not the only one that would find the info useful.
    We might have known that if your location wasn't blank...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Post imported post

There is a Krav Maga studio in Va Beach. Try doing a goggle search for it. Thats how I found this place.

Craig Smith Kick boxing (Joe Lewis fighting system) in Va Beach is friendly. I OC there all the time. He also is a fellow OC and CC patron.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal