• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Ask Fenty

possumboy

imported post

http://www.nbc4.com/politics/10833361/detail.html

Mayor Fenty is on NBC4 Thursday Mornings.

*I cannot find the transcripts and the latest available is 5/29/2008 on the website. What you have here is paraphrasing.

This morning he was asked about all the shootings.
He said that crime is at a low for the past 25 years.
The problem is all the guns, people should not be able to just go and get a gun when they get in an argument.
Then there was something about drug use being down.

mailto:fenty@nbc4.com?subject=Connecting%20With%20The%20Mayor

Lets write and ask him! Why are the criminalsnot the problem?
Why people using guns to commit crimes is not the problem?
Why other places that allow Law Abiding Citizens to own do not have the same problems as DC?

Remember, this is quick segment, short and direct questions are needed. They will not spend time on emails that are long and/or ask a lot of questions.

echo6tango

imported post

The week before they were blaming the violence on the heat. Yep, weather causes crime like pencils cause spelling mistakes. Fenty is grasping at straws because he knows that the days of only cops and criminals carrying in D.C. is coming to an end. He's ticked because his neighborhood checkpoints worked well for a whole 50 square yard area and no one has signed up for his voluntary “house inspections” yet. He’s delusional and again, grasping at straws. I wonder why D.C. ranked in the top ten as places you're mostly likely to get shot...even with one of the most stringentbans in the country? I'm just kidding, I really don't wonder at all...

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

echo6tango wrote:
The week before they were blaming the violence on the heat. Yep, weather causes crime like pencils cause spelling mistakes. Fenty is grasping at straws because he knows that the days of only cops and criminals carrying in D.C. is coming to an end. He's ticked because his neighborhood checkpoints worked well for a whole 50 square yard area and no one has signed up for his voluntary “house inspections” yet. He’s delusional and again, grasping at straws. I wonder why D.C. ranked in the top ten as places you're mostly likely to get shot...even with one of the most stringentbans in the country? I'm just kidding, I really don't wonder at all...
Haven't you noticed how hot your gun gets after you've shot a few hundred rounds thru it at the range? Virginia is the problem. Not only are guns in DC a direct result of Virginia's careless lack of gun control, but all the people practicing at the range, hoping they'll never have to shoot anywhere but the range, are generating so much heat, and the westerly winds blow that heat straight into the district resulting in an extremely volatile situation.