Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Open Carry Burton City gathering is on at local park this Saturday!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

UPDATE June 15, 2008 - And a geat Epilogue to this event athttp://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/in..._guns_gro.html

Openly carrying their guns, group touts unorthodox beliefs at Burton park
    by Melissa Burden | The Flint Journal
    Saturday June 14, 2008, 7:17 PM

. . .

---

We have decided to have a picnic get together at one of the Burton City parks. After talking with the police chief, he assures me he knows open carry is legal and will not make arrests for lawful open carry.

We will gather around noon on Saturday the 14th. I will have a pop-up canopy set up with information etc, to handout if we get any inquiries.You could bring a dish to pass or just something for yourselves. We will be very informal. If people want to bring a grill and others want to bring hot dogs, or whatever fine. We could also chip in and get chicken or pizza. Bring your own drinks and table settings. Don't forget sunscreen.

At this time we are leaning towards the park with the lake, more stuff for the kids to do and with restrooms and tables. We can visit the memorial after. Below is a map for your viewing pleasure.

Exit 139 of off US-69, easy on and off.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

OK, I want to be in on this.. and I'm pretty sure I can. I might be a little late for the noon start time since I planned on letting our 3 year old participate in the children's parade in Frankenmuth after the car show was cancelled. Hopefully I'll be there, I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Thanks for taking the lead and getting this all figured out

Editing to add that if the decision hasn't already been made, I would prefer the park by the lake since I will most likely have my girlfriend and 3 year old with me, and it sounds like it might be better for that.

Post imported post

excellent, see you all then.

Post imported post

The park by the lake sounds great! I'll bring a couple extra fishing poles in case anyone wants me to show them how to catch some fish lol

Post imported post

Who needs cars when you can show up and get a tan at the beach?

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

adam40cal wrote:
    The park by the lake sounds great! I'll bring a couple extra fishing poles in case anyone wants me to show them how to catch some fish lol
    *Fishing license*

Post imported post

adam40cal wrote:
    HEY,if they want to catch fish, they better stay with me, that 40 cal makes a helluva mess outa bluegill:celebrate

BTW-- I will be at the park about 11:30 to help Brian set up. ALSO

FYI--- I'm bringing the beans this time:celebrate(you can have the gas):what:

Post imported post

We will be there also!

We will bring a fishing pole and if i catch anything that will be lunch

will bring the little gas grill, foot long hot dogs,etc.....

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    adam40cal wrote:
    HEY,if they want to catch fish, they better stay with me, that 40 cal makes a helluva mess outa bluegill:celebrate
    thats funny you say that. 20 some years ago on a fishing trip with my father to Vanderbilt, i blasted some bluegills in a small pond with his .44 revolver lol

Post imported post

Yeah, but nothing's better than dynamite fishing on the Muskegon river at midnight!!

Activist Member

Post imported post

I plan to be there still. I'll see if I can bring something to BBQ for a few folks and mooch off someone's grill. I can only fit so much in my tank bag on my bike. :-)

Doug may or may not meet up with me and caravan on his bike. A little pressure from you guys might help! :-)

Someone should invite the Chief and the Mayor for a hotdog or hamburger.

Post imported post

That might be a good idea to invite the chief and the mayor since some of use got a little wound up me includedWe can bring the flat grill again does hamburgers good

Post imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
    That might be a good idea to invite the chief and the mayor since some of use got a little wound up me includedWe can bring the flat grill again does hamburgers good
    I was way past wound up! If they do come, I'll see if I can find a little bit of "Humble Pie" to have with some beans

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Folks - the Michigan press has been alerted and given thes thread - hopefully comments here about the event will help them decide to cover it and you guys! Good luck.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Folks - the Michigan press has been alerted and given thes thread - hopefully comments here about the event will help them decide to cover it and you guys! Good luck.
    Thanks for your support Mike. We could all use a little positive press right now. I'll send you an update PM this evening.

Jerry

Post imported post

I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

adam40cal wrote:
    I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol
    Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

i will be bringing a small hibachi (spellcheck) gas deal. some dogs buns, chips. anyone needing a space to gril can do so as long as the gas holds out

Post imported post

adam40cal wrote:
    Hey Adam; I'm bringing the "HILLBILLY BEANS" :celebrate

(you can keep the gas)

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    adam40cal wrote:
    Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.
    I guess I can bring a couple of bags of chips.

The weather looks sunny all day Saturday, so hopefully we'll be all set.

Does anybody know what all is at this park besides a lake and bike trails? Anything for a 3/4 year old to enjoy? I'm wondering if I should bring her, or make her mom stay home with her.

Post imported post

SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    adam40cal wrote:

Does anybody know what all is at this park besides a lake and bike trails? Anything for a 3/4 year old to enjoy? I'm wondering if I should bring her, or make her mom stay home with her.
    i looked at the park on the Burton website. there are different things to do. none of them really give an age rating. HOWEVER, i am bringing both my kids, ages 15 & 17. my daughter (17, 18 in one month) is a VERY accomplished baby sitter and would love to run around the grounds with all the kids. my wife would feel weird if the women stay home with their kids, and she had to hang out with ALL guys hahaha. i say bring your whole gang and let's make a day of it. not to mention fathers day is the day after. early celebration for all us dads.

from the city of Burtons website: The park system includes Kelly Lake Park, a 40 acre facility with a lake, nature trails, picnic pavilion, and a newly asphalted bike path.There is also For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum, a 380 acre complex featuring the DeWaters Education Center and the Corydon E. Foot Bird Collection.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
    SQLtables wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    adam40cal wrote:

i looked at the park on the Burton website. there are different things to do. none of them really give an age rating. HOWEVER, i am bringing both my kids, ages 15 & 17. my daughter (17, 18 in one month) is a VERY accomplished baby sitter and would love to run around the grounds with all the kids. my wife would feel weird if the women stay home with their kids, and she had to hang out with ALL guys hahaha. i say bring your whole gang and let's make a day of it. not to mention fathers day is the day after. early celebration for all us dads.

from the city of Burtons website: The park system includes Kelly Lake Park, a 40 acre facility with a lake, nature trails, picnic pavilion, and a newly asphalted bike path.There is also For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum, a 380 acre complex featuring the DeWaters Education Center and the Corydon E. Foot Bird Collection.
    bring the kids and take plenty of photos - even if the press does not come, you will have a record of your nice family event!

Post imported post

About those pictures, there should probably be a thread specifically dedicated to posting all of the Michigan OC event pictures. That way newcomers can readily see how easy and fun it is, and hopefully join in. Plus it would be an easy way to keep track of all of them.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    About those pictures, there should probably be a thread specifically dedicated to posting all of the Michigan OC event pictures. That way newcomers can readily see how easy and fun it is, and hopefully join in. Plus it would be an easy way to keep track of all of them.
    +1 for a HELL of an idea...

Post imported post

Speaking of pics, Flag day and Memorial park visit, my daughter sent this to me today; LEST WE FORGET -- Remember with Honor and Respect --

please have a look at the attachment

Jerry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast