• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Burton City gathering is on at local park this Saturday!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

UPDATE June 15, 2008 - And a geat Epilogue to this event athttp://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/06/openly_carrying_their_guns_gro.html

Openly carrying their guns, group touts unorthodox beliefs at Burton park
by Melissa Burden | The Flint Journal
Saturday June 14, 2008, 7:17 PM

. . .

---

We have decided to have a picnic get together at one of the Burton City parks. After talking with the police chief, he assures me he knows open carry is legal and will not make arrests for lawful open carry.

We will gather around noon on Saturday the 14th. I will have a pop-up canopy set up with information etc, to handout if we get any inquiries.You could bring a dish to pass or just something for yourselves. We will be very informal. If people want to bring a grill and others want to bring hot dogs, or whatever fine. We could also chip in and get chicken or pizza. Bring your own drinks and table settings. Don't forget sunscreen.

At this time we are leaning towards the park with the lake, more stuff for the kids to do and with restrooms and tables. We can visit the memorial after. Below is a map for your viewing pleasure.

Exit 139 of off US-69, easy on and off.

SQLtables

imported post

OK, I want to be in on this.. and I'm pretty sure I can. I might be a little late for the noon start time since I planned on letting our 3 year old participate in the children's parade in Frankenmuth after the car show was cancelled. Hopefully I'll be there, I've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Thanks for taking the lead and getting this all figured out:D

Editing to add that if the decision hasn't already been made, I would prefer the park by the lake since I will most likely have my girlfriend and 3 year old with me, and it sounds like it might be better for that.

WARCHILD

imported post

adam40cal wrote:
The park by the lake sounds great! I'll bring a couple extra fishing poles in case anyone wants me to show them how to catch some fish lol :cool:

HEY,if they want to catch fish, they better stay with me, that 40 cal makes a helluva mess outa bluegill:celebrate

BTW-- I will be at the park about 11:30 to help Brian set up. ALSO

FYI--- I'm bringing the beans this time:celebrate(you can have the gas):what:

warlockmatized

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
adam40cal wrote:
The park by the lake sounds great! I'll bring a couple extra fishing poles in case anyone wants me to show them how to catch some fish lol :cool:
HEY,if they want to catch fish, they better stay with me, that 40 cal makes a helluva mess outa bluegill:celebrate
thats funny you say that. 20 some years ago on a fishing trip with my father to Vanderbilt, i blasted some bluegills in a small pond with his .44 revolver lol

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

I plan to be there still. I'll see if I can bring something to BBQ for a few folks and mooch off someone's grill. I can only fit so much in my tank bag on my bike. :)

Doug may or may not meet up with me and caravan on his bike. A little pressure from you guys might help! :)

Someone should invite the Chief and the Mayor for a hotdog or hamburger.

WARCHILD

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
That might be a good idea to invite the chief and the mayor since some of use got a little wound up me included:(We can bring the flat grill again does hamburgers good:lol:
I was way past wound up! If they do come, I'll see if I can find a little bit of "Humble Pie" to have with some beans:uhoh:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks - the Michigan press has been alerted and given thes thread - hopefully comments here about the event will help them decide to cover it and you guys! Good luck.

WARCHILD

imported post

Mike wrote:
Folks - the Michigan press has been alerted and given thes thread - hopefully comments here about the event will help them decide to cover it and you guys! Good luck.

Thanks for your support Mike. We could all use a little positive press right now. I'll send you an update PM this evening.

Jerry

adam40cal

imported post

I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol :cool:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

adam40cal wrote:
I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol :cool:

Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.

WARCHILD

imported post

adam40cal wrote:

Hey Adam; I'm bringing the "HILLBILLY BEANS" :celebrate

(you can keep the gas)

SQLtables

imported post

Venator wrote:
adam40cal wrote:

Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.
I guess I can bring a couple of bags of chips.

The weather looks sunny all day Saturday, so hopefully we'll be all set.

Does anybody know what all is at this park besides a lake and bike trails? Anything for a 3/4 year old to enjoy? I'm wondering if I should bring her, or make her mom stay home with her. :uhoh: