• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Burton City gathering is on at local park this Saturday!

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
adam40cal wrote:
I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol :cool:

Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.
I guess I can bring a couple of bags of chips.

The weather looks sunny all day Saturday, so hopefully we'll be all set.

Does anybody know what all is at this park besides a lake and bike trails? Anything for a 3/4 year old to enjoy? I'm wondering if I should bring her, or make her mom stay home with her. :uhoh:
i looked at the park on the Burton website. there are different things to do. none of them really give an age rating. HOWEVER, i am bringing both my kids, ages 15 & 17. my daughter (17, 18 in one month) is a VERY accomplished baby sitter and would love to run around the grounds with all the kids. my wife would feel weird if the women stay home with their kids, and she had to hang out with ALL guys hahaha. i say bring your whole gang and let's make a day of it. not to mention fathers day is the day after. early celebration for all us dads.

from the city of Burtons website: The park system includes Kelly Lake Park, a 40 acre facility with a lake, nature trails, picnic pavilion, and a newly asphalted bike path.There is also For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum, a 380 acre complex featuring the DeWaters Education Center and the Corydon E. Foot Bird Collection.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
SQLtables wrote:
Venator wrote:
adam40cal wrote:
I have a big bag of charcoal if anyone has a portable grill. Also I can pick up some hot dogs and buns, is anyone else planning on bringing anything? And how many people are going to be there? I just wanna make sure I bring enough hot dogs lol :cool:

Mastiff is bringing a gas grill, and there may be grills at the park. I will bring some dogs and buns, also some condiments. Bring whatever you want to share, chips, a side dish, etc. Bring your own plates/silverware.

If the weather is bad we will meet at the park and decide to go to a McDonalds or something when we get there. We tend to be flexible and resilient people.

Speaking of gun fishing, I know what a spawned outsalmon looks like after a 12 ga. shotgun blast at close range. Not pretty, but itshowed what damage a shotgun blast can do to flesh. And yes, he was allowed to spawn first.
I guess I can bring a couple of bags of chips.

The weather looks sunny all day Saturday, so hopefully we'll be all set.

Does anybody know what all is at this park besides a lake and bike trails? Anything for a 3/4 year old to enjoy? I'm wondering if I should bring her, or make her mom stay home with her. :uhoh:
i looked at the park on the Burton website. there are different things to do. none of them really give an age rating. HOWEVER, i am bringing both my kids, ages 15 & 17. my daughter (17, 18 in one month) is a VERY accomplished baby sitter and would love to run around the grounds with all the kids. my wife would feel weird if the women stay home with their kids, and she had to hang out with ALL guys hahaha. i say bring your whole gang and let's make a day of it. not to mention fathers day is the day after. early celebration for all us dads.

from the city of Burtons website: The park system includes Kelly Lake Park, a 40 acre facility with a lake, nature trails, picnic pavilion, and a newly asphalted bike path.There is also For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum, a 380 acre complex featuring the DeWaters Education Center and the Corydon E. Foot Bird Collection.
bring the kids and take plenty of photos - even if the press does not come, you will have a record of your nice family event!

Michigander

imported post

About those pictures, there should probably be a thread specifically dedicated to posting all of the Michigan OC event pictures. That way newcomers can readily see how easy and fun it is, and hopefully join in. Plus it would be an easy way to keep track of all of them.

warlockmatized

imported post

Michigander wrote:
About those pictures, there should probably be a thread specifically dedicated to posting all of the Michigan OC event pictures. That way newcomers can readily see how easy and fun it is, and hopefully join in. Plus it would be an easy way to keep track of all of them.
+1 for a HELL of an idea...

WARCHILD

imported post

Speaking of pics, Flag day and Memorial park visit, my daughter sent this to me today; LEST WE FORGET -- Remember with Honor and Respect --

please have a look at the attachment

Jerry

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Just got home from working on my buddies car :banghead:

I'll be bringing another buddy up to the park with me and the wife might come too.

DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?

You name it, I'll bring it. Post here or PM me your PH#

WARCHILD

imported post

Almost ready to go-- I got the beans done and have some plastic tableware, bowls, cups and of course every parents favorite for kids on a hot summer day---- CHIPS AHOY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES :uhoh: hey, it's a picnic right! I'm also bringing a 4ft table just in case. anybody think of anything else, let me know quick. Hope to see you all there.

footnote; be advised, orange barrels on I-69- AGAIN - one lane each direction from M-13 at Lennon, to I-75. I don't know if they are working today, but adjust your travel time accordingly.

ABOVE ALL, LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!! :celebrate

Jerry
I guess a contact number would help eh :uhoh: 989-725-1695

WARCHILD

imported post

Well, we all made it. Had a great time, guys & gals. Nice to meet all of you. I didn't take a head count, I guess about 15 or more of us were there. Venator may have a total count, have to wait for his post on the picnic and see. Once again we met and found out what didn't happen. We did have 3 people pass by and stop for some info. A reporter from the Flint Journal came by and did an interview with us. She said it would be in Sunday's paper and online at The Flint Journal (http://www.MIlive.com).

Can hardly wait for the next picnic.:celebrate

warlockmatized

imported post

would like to personally thank OCDO for a GREAT afternoon. my family and i had a WONDERFUL time. a peaceful time was had by all....OC'ers, non OC'ers, wives, and kids. it was cool to meet those that attended, hope to meet more at future outings.

dsc00010ex0.jpg

SQLtables

imported post

Alright, I sent what I thought was the best group photo to Graydon, so he can forward it to the Flint Journal.

I uploaded all of the photos of the group, but I haven't done any editing to them.

Click the link, download the zip, and have at it.

http://nathannephew.com/michiganoc/photos/kellypark.zip

I had a great time today. It was nice to finally meet everybody, and the food was good. Thanks for getting that organized in such a short time! I can't wait for the next one!

warlockmatized

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Alright, I sent what I thought was the best group photo to Graydon, so he can forward it to the Flint Journal.

I uploaded all of the photos of the group, but I haven't done any editing to them.

Click the link, download the zip, and have at it.

http://nathannephew.com/michiganoc/photos/kellypark.zip

I had a great time today. It was nice to finally meet everybody, and the food was good. Thanks for getting that organized in such a short time! I can't wait for the next one!
GREAT pix, thanks for sharing. it was nice to meet you and yours.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Did anybody pick up the White 6 foot folding table? I forgot it as it was full of food when I left. It is my neighbors table and I'll have to buy him a replacement ifone of you guys didn't get it. I hope someone picked it up. If so post here and PM me so I can arrange to pick it up. I'm an idiot.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
Did anybody pick up the White 6 foot folding table? I forgot it as it was full of food when I left. It is my neighbors table and I'll have to buy him a replacement ifone of you guys didn't get it. I hope someone picked it up. If so post here and PM me so I can arrange to pick it up. I'm an idiot.
Yes, see your PM's

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Any way I can get you Photo Shop guys or gals tocrop about 50 pounds or so off me and make my hair darker?

I knew before I left the house that the Glock would make me look fat and you know...photos make you look 10 pounds heaver. :quirky