• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New on the forum...

MDA_II

imported post

Gotta love the hogleg...

Welcome to the forum. The NM forum can be kinda quiet, glad to see there's a few new people coming in here. - Mike

Autonomous

imported post

First welcome DP from one newbee of the forum to another...

Second if New Mexico is quiet then we should make some noise....:)

Im excited about this site...
-A

SickTag

imported post

Welcome to the forum. It is true that the NM boards can be kind of quiet, just depends what is going on in the state and what Mc Donalds is causing troubles :p

Nice shotgun, I carry one like that in my truck (Mossbergs Maverick 88 with short barrel and pistol grip). I used to carry my AK around when my wife would drive, but a lot of people thought it was a fake or a pellet gun. Had someone try to jump in and take it, but got a real shock when I racked it and he could see the 7.62 being chambered.

Different story for shotguns, because if they see it, no one ever thinks it is one of those "air soft" rifles, plus I do not care what language you speak or what country you are from, when you rack a 12 gauge it says the same thing in any language.

:)

Autonomous

imported post

SickTag wrote:
    Welcome to the forum.  It is true that the NM boards can be kind of quiet, just depends what is going on in the state and what Mc Donalds is causing troubles :p

Nice shotgun, I carry one like that in my truck (Mossbergs Maverick 88 with short barrel and pistol grip).  I used to carry my AK around when my wife would drive, but a lot of people thought it was a fake or a pellet gun.  Had someone try to jump in and take it, but got a real shock when I racked it and he could see the 7.62 being chambered. 

Different story for shotguns, because if they see it, no one ever thinks it is one of those "air soft" rifles, plus I do not care what language you speak or what country you are from, when you rack a 12 gauge it says the same thing in any language.

:)

DAMN SickTag...
Im not sure why some one would try to jump in and grab a AK out of a truck....but good for you on being quick thinking and on the defense. (I know that is how we should all be but people are so often unaware of the situation so good to hear of someone who is on point)
Glad to hear that this is the way some of yinz roll out here...
I think Im gonna like it out here...
-A

desert-prospector

(City of the Crosses), Las Cruces New Mexico, USA
imported post

Well thanks all for the welcome.

That BUG up there is actually my wifes, but she is kinda leary of the recoil, so it's mostly mine. Winchester mdl 1300 in 12ga.(home defender they called it). It has got to be the lightest darned pump I have ever held, which don't help the recoil any.

Edgeofhtewoods

imported post

Darn I don't know what the heck I was thinking. Heck I should have guessed it since I spent my teenage years hanging out at the Sonic on El Paseo and the one on North Valley drive!!

Chuck

desert-prospector

(City of the Crosses), Las Cruces New Mexico, USA
imported post

GabriellaWardwbgik wrote:
The OC shows a weapon its like a revolver,Looks like its a new thing.

-----------------------
Emma
Addiction Recovery New Mexico

I'm not sure what you are asking or where the comment is directed?

If you are asking about the six shooter at the top, well it is my field carry.
It is a Uberti Cattleman's SAA .45 long colt. I carry this one when hiking, camping, fishing and etc.

The one for daily carry is a Steoger Cougar 8000, 9mm. Originally made with the name Beretta.

The post with the Winchester 1300 pump shotgun is my BUG, or back up gun. If the other 2 don't do the job this one will!

Thanks for all the responses folks, hope we can make the OC continue to grow in NM.