Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Ever wear more than one?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    4

    Post imported post

    Gun in public? I own several and in my particular California county I wear my Beretta 92FS in public (in unincorporated areas) often. I have thought about wearing more than one though... It would be fun to wear 3 openly...

    Any thoughts on that? Would it be excessive and give the wrong message?

  2. #2
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Ask UTOC-45-44 about wearing more than one. He does.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    I did recently in the desert. My brother was OCing with me while we were camping, then decided he wanted to join our friends in sipping some jack. Kinda had to.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  4. #4
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694

    Post imported post

    Yes, but only one is being OC'd

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974

    Post imported post

    I have worn more than one including a BUG CC. Trying it out, but don't really like it. Besides that I only OC'd with more than one on one occasion involving a range trip.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    At the last Lobby Day, one of our VCDL ladies picked up her new nickname when she brougyt multiples "just because she could."

    Yeah, her official statement was something about wanting to see the look on the greeters' faces when she unlimbered. Too bad she forgot that once you show your CHP they do not go looking for/at what you are carrying.

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    uTAH-life member: NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, ,
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    I do on occasion. Mostly out in the sticks though,around town I do so very rarely.



    Just remember-

    THERE IS NO FASTER RELOAD!



  8. #8
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post

    41 Magnum wrote:
    I do on occasion. Mostly out in the sticks though,around town I do so very rarely.



    Just remember-

    THERE IS NO FASTER RELOAD!


    That is called a New York Reload.

    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  9. #9
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    No......unless you could carrying my 45 and slinging my rifle across my back as "carrying" more than one.......:P

    I know that a BUG is a good idea, but since I wear both my pistols that I might carry on my right hand side, it seems like it would be very uncomfortable to try to OC and CC on the same side at the same time.......I haven't tried crossdraw, but it seems hard to conceal and have any semblance of comfort while carrying that way.....

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    collinwilliams wrote:
    Gun in public? I own several and in my particular California county I wear my Beretta 92FS in public (in unincorporated areas) often. I have thought about wearing more than one though... It would be fun to wear 3 openly...

    Any thoughts on that? Would it be excessive and give the wrong message?
    What is the point? :?

    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.

    Your term "fun to wear" tells me that you must be between 18 and 28 year of age. Am I right?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Firestone, Colorado
    Posts
    1,189

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
    Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
    Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC.
    What other reason would there be?

    With the exception of "hunting" at the super market.


  13. #13
    Regular Member possumboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dumfries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,090

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    What other reason would there be?

    With the exception of "hunting" at the super market.
    OC my 1911 and my 9 at the same time about twice a month.

    I'm usually coming back from the range and do not want to either locked in the car.

    Numerous other reason are out there also.


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    uTAH-life member: NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, ,
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    LEO229-

    Sometimes you're just too serious. Surely you've heard the term "barbecue gun"? Some folks take that stuffdownright serious.



    And on the plus side-

    If you have a nice gun(s) in a nice rig, you look much less like a homie to the general public.



    I bet you carry a BUG on duty, do you not? Wouldn't you rather carry it on your duty belt than in an ankle or pocket rig if there was room?



  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    41 Magnum wrote:
    LEO229-

    Sometimes you're just too serious. Surely you've heard the term "barbecue gun"? Some folks take that stuffdownright serious.



    And on the plus side-

    If you have a nice gun(s) in a nice rig, you look much less like a homie to the general public.



    I bet you carry a BUG on duty, do you not? Wouldn't you rather carry it on your duty belt than in an ankle or pocket rig if there was room?
    Carrying a gun is not "fun".....

    It is heavy, tears at your clothing and seat upholstery, and limits where you can go without some problems. And in the summer CCing is harder when you try to wear shorts and a wife beater.

    I take many guns to the range and most go into a bag while I carry one on my hip while returning home.

    I do not carry a BUG either but I do have one.

    For those that think it is a fashion statement... grow up a little. Your probably the same members that like the "shock value" it creates in the line at the supermarket.

    Not trying to be super serious here but.... The reason for carrying a gun on a daily basis out in publicshould be for self defense. I am confident there are a few members here that like to show it off to the public as it is their pride and joy.


    Get real people!!!




  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    Why can't it be both? I carry for self defence. Since a gun is something that I am going to have on my person for a large portion of the day, and other people are quite often going to see it, what is wrong with enjoying my time carrying and wanting my gun to look nice? It's like saying I shouldn't worry about my shoes because their only purpose is to protect my feet.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    LEO, do you then disagree with jpierce's The Right Question and Conclusion sections found Here?

    I agree with him. I think self defense is one factor for OC and maybe not even the main factor.

  18. #18
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    collinwilliams wrote:
    Gun in public? I own several and in my particular California county I wear my Beretta 92FS in public (in unincorporated areas) often. I have thought about wearing more than one though... It would be fun to wear 3 openly...

    Any thoughts on that? Would it be excessive and give the wrong message?
    What is the point? :?

    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.


    I see a lot of value in more than one gun. If one fails you have another to go to. And a new york reload is faster than actually reloading, especially with revolvers. Also, I've noticed that having a 2lb weight on my right leg makes me feel unbalanced. I was thinking I should get a 2lb weight for my left leg too so I don't feel like one leg has to work differently than the other. But then, for all I know this could all be psychological, because 2lb is very little compared to the weight of my whole body.

    Besides, I figure one should have fun doing no matter what they do. Even if its doing work. As a police officer, your job is to police, but do you never have fun doing your job? I know there must be parts of your job you don't like, but I would go crazy if I was forced to do something all day I didn't like. If carrying guns is not allowed to be fun, should one look for the ugliest holsters possible at the risk that a nice looking holster might be fun to have? What is wrong with your holsters and guns being "fashionable?" Yes, I'm under 20. I hope I don't find everything boring when I turn 21, that would be a real let down. Yes, my gun is for self-defense, but I am also proud of it and to a degree enjoy carrying it.

    The purpose of driving is to get yourself and your stuff places. Yet I enjoy driving. My car is red for no other reason than aesthetics.Just like a guncan be annoyingto carry at times due to its weight, and wear on your upholstery etc., a car is can be annoying to own too with its need for repairs, the obscene prices of gas, the stains it leaves in your garage and many other problems.Sitting in the car can be uncomfortable,especially with the seat belt digging intomy neck and restraining my movements. Yet I still enjoy driving mycar and owning it.

    When I carry my gun, I feel happy to have a finely crafted piece of steel on my hip.Now, if I had a hi-point, I would not enjoy carrying it so much because it is an ugly poorly shaped gun. Even if it would be lighter, tear up fabrics less, be more comfortable, etc.

    Carrying a gun also makes mefeel happy to be a U.S. citizen where I get to enjoy such rights that are restricted to people in most other countries. I also enjoy thinking that perhaps by doing so I canimprove the public image ofgunsprevent my rights from being takenaway. And I can educate other people about the law perhaps enabling people to carry guns who didn't because they thought it was illegal. Because of these reasons, I would say I feel more enjoyment walking around armed than walking around unarmed.



    Sure there are aspects of carrying a gun that are not so fun, like constantly having to pay attention to your surroundings (which you should do even without a gun), worrying about somebody taking it, not being able to lie down on your side comfortably, invoking the dislike from people bigoted against guns etc.

    But I figure anyone who volunteers to carry a gun (rather than being forced to as part of a job), and is some sort of a gun enthusiast, finds some enjoyment in being able to have a gun with them. If you were an enthusiast of any other object I'm sure you would enjoy having it near by also. I also enjoy trumpets, and I would probably enjoy carrying my trumpet with me too, but it would be much more cumbersome than a gun and less useful to carry. So there is the usefulness aspect too. If a gun wasn'tauseful self-defense toolI probably wouldn't carry it.


    I don't carry a gun because its fun, but I wouldn't carry it if it were not to some degree.If I had two identical guns, I would gladly carry both at least sometimes.

    (Then again, maybe I still would even if I didn'tenjoy it, out of the sakeof being responsible for my own safety and not allowing myself to be victimized.. but then this could also be seen as a source of enjoyment because I know I wouldn't be as comfortable having to rely on others.)


    If all I was concerned about was my well-being I could also wear some body armor, but to me that would be NO fun, and therefore I won't. I would gain no enjoyment out of it, although I suppose if I was being shot at I would wish I had some.



  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Firestone, Colorado
    Posts
    1,189

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
    Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC
    What other reason would there be?
    To deter crime.

    To exercise our rights.

    To educate the public on the legality of OC.

    To build tolerance and acceptance of firearms.

    Those are off the top of my head, and I'm sure we could come up with plenty more. Basically, all of the political and social reasons that drive us to choose OC over CC (for those who can legally conceal) are reasons that motivate carrying independently of a self-protection motive.


  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
    Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC
    What other reason would there be?
    To deter crime.

    To exercise our rights.

    To educate the public on the legality of OC.

    To build tolerance and acceptance of firearms.

    Those are off the top of my head, and I'm sure we could come up with plenty more. Basically, all of the political and social reasons that drive us to choose OC over CC (for those who can legally conceal) are reasons that motivate carrying independently of a self-protection motive.
    Do you need three guns to do that?

  21. #21
    Regular Member Prophet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    544

    Post imported post

    apparently swilden is one of those young reckless rabble rousers that is under the age of 28. Rotten kids i tell ya LEO...



    ..or maybe yer just an old fuddy duddy.

  22. #22
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,713

    Post imported post

    LEO 229 wrote:
    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    swillden wrote:
    LEO 229 wrote:
    A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
    Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC
    What other reason would there be?
    To deter crime.

    To exercise our rights.

    To educate the public on the legality of OC.

    To build tolerance and acceptance of firearms.

    Those are off the top of my head, and I'm sure we could come up with plenty more. Basically, all of the political and social reasons that drive us to choose OC over CC (for those who can legally conceal) are reasons that motivate carrying independently of a self-protection motive.
    Do you need three guns to do that?

    No, you don't NEED any. You just want one, or two, or in this case three. I'm happy with one, would be pretty happy with two too, but three would bringme back to being unbalanced and unsymetrical again and then I'd need a fourth one. Hmm... to carry four would it be best to have two on the belt and two in shoulder holsters?

    I'd probably never have more than two, but two would be cool.




  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,607

    Post imported post

    Prophet wrote:
    apparently swilden is one of those young reckless rabble rousers that is under the age of 28. Rotten kids i tell ya LEO...



    ..or maybe yer just an old fuddy duddy.
    Old? Yes... And wise... More Wise-ass if anything.

    I think someone did not read the first post and has taken my post to be NO OC.... I am not talking that at all. :P

    I am talking about some kid going out packing three guns in his person for "Fun"

    Can you say... OVER THE TOP!!! :celebrate

    So yes... IMO three guns is a bit much and will send a message about you....

    Tackleberry!!!

    BTW: He died in 2001 from a heart attack.. I just found out today!

    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333701/

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    uTAH-life member: NRA, GOA, CCRKBA, ,
    Posts
    291

    Post imported post

    You're telling me that none of you guys have ever carried a brace of pistols before? You know,half a dozen or soon a bandolier suspended by a lanyard? Sheesh, what boring livesyou must lead.



    Anyway, back to on topic stuff-

    In certain circumstances there are reasons to carry more than one. But those circumstances are rather rare.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member Jim675's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bellevue, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,037

    Post imported post

    Need? What does that have to do with carrying (any any manner) again? And who exactly sits on this committee that informs me what I need?

    I thought it was all based on choice - personal preference. Whether a concealed mini-Glock or a pair of chrome SAA .45 LCs what is says to me is: informed citizen.

    The rest matters no more that whether or not their shoes match their pants, and if that is how you judge a man's worth shame on you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •