• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ever wear more than one?

Prophet

imported post

apparently swilden is one of those young reckless rabble rousers that is under the age of 28. Rotten kids i tell ya LEO...

..or maybe yer just an old fuddy duddy.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
swillden wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
swillden wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
Protection is one purpose but if it were the only purpose most of us wouldn't OC
What other reason would there be?
To deter crime.

To exercise our rights.

To educate the public on the legality of OC.

To build tolerance and acceptance of firearms.

Those are off the top of my head, and I'm sure we could come up with plenty more. Basically, all of the political and social reasons that drive us to choose OC over CC (for those who can legally conceal) are reasons that motivate carrying independently of a self-protection motive.
Do you need three guns to do that?

No, you don't NEED any. You just want one, or two, or in this case three. I'm happy with one, would be pretty happy with two too, but three would bringme back to being unbalanced and unsymetrical again and then I'd need a fourth one. Hmm... to carry four would it be best to have two on the belt and two in shoulder holsters?

I'd probably never have more than two, but two would be cool.

:)

LEO 229

imported post

Prophet wrote:
apparently swilden is one of those young reckless rabble rousers that is under the age of 28. Rotten kids i tell ya LEO...

..or maybe yer just an old fuddy duddy.
Old? Yes... And wise... :lol: More Wise-ass if anything.

I think someone did not read the first post and has taken my post to be NO OC.... I am not talking that at all. :p

I am talking about some kid going out packing three guns in his person for "Fun" :lol:

Can you say... OVER THE TOP!!! :celebrate

So yes... IMO three guns is a bit much and will send a message about you....

Tackleberry!!! :lol:

BTW: He died in 2001 from a heart attack.. I just found out today! :cry:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0333701/

41 Magnum

imported post

You're telling me that none of you guys have ever carried a brace of pistols before? You know,half a dozen or soon a bandolier suspended by a lanyard? Sheesh, what boring livesyou must lead.

Anyway, back to on topic stuff-

In certain circumstances there are reasons to carry more than one. But those circumstances are rather rare.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Need? What does that have to do with carrying (any any manner) again? And who exactly sits on this committee that informs me what I need?

I thought it was all based on choice - personal preference. Whether a concealed mini-Glock or a pair of chrome SAA .45 LCs what is says to me is: informed citizen.

The rest matters no more that whether or not their shoes match their pants, and if that is how you judge a man's worth shame on you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
collinwilliams wrote:
Gun in public? I own several and in my particular California county I wear my Beretta 92FS in public (in unincorporated areas) often. I have thought about wearing more than one though... It would be fun to wear 3 openly...

Any thoughts on that? Would it be excessive and give the wrong message?
What is the point? :?

A gun is for protection and not a fashion accessory to be shown off.
I see a lot of value in more than one gun. If one fails you have another to go to. And a new york reload is faster than actually reloading, especially with revolvers. Also, I've noticed that having a 2lb weight on my right leg makes me feel unbalanced. I was thinking I should get a 2lb weight for my left leg too so I don't feel like one leg has to work differently than the other. But then, for all I know this could all be psychological, because 2lb is very little compared to the weight of my whole body.

Besides, I figure one should have fun doing no matter what they do. Even if its doing work. As a police officer, your job is to police, but do you never have fun doing your job? I know there must be parts of your job you don't like, but I would go crazy if I was forced to do something all day I didn't like. If carrying guns is not allowed to be fun, should one look for the ugliest holsters possible at the risk that a nice looking holster might be fun to have? What is wrong with your holsters and guns being "fashionable?" Yes, I'm under 20. I hope I don't find everything boring when I turn 21, that would be a real let down. Yes, my gun is for self-defense, but I am also proud of it and to a degree enjoy carrying it.

The purpose of driving is to get yourself and your stuff places. Yet I enjoy driving. My car is red for no other reason than aesthetics.Just like a guncan be annoyingto carry at times due to its weight, and wear on your upholstery etc., a car is can be annoying to own too with its need for repairs, the obscene prices of gas, the stains it leaves in your garage and many other problems.Sitting in the car can be uncomfortable,especially with the seat belt digging intomy neck and restraining my movements. Yet I still enjoy driving mycar and owning it.

When I carry my gun, I feel happy to have a finely crafted piece of steel on my hip.Now, if I had a hi-point, I would not enjoy carrying it so much because it is an ugly poorly shaped gun. Even if it would be lighter, tear up fabrics less, be more comfortable, etc.

Carrying a gun also makes mefeel happy to be a U.S. citizen where I get to enjoy such rights that are restricted to people in most other countries. I also enjoy thinking that perhaps by doing so I canimprove the public image ofgunsprevent my rights from being takenaway. And I can educate other people about the law perhaps enabling people to carry guns who didn't because they thought it was illegal. Because of these reasons, I would say I feel more enjoyment walking around armed than walking around unarmed.

Sure there are aspects of carrying a gun that are not so fun, like constantly having to pay attention to your surroundings (which you should do even without a gun), worrying about somebody taking it, not being able to lie down on your side comfortably, invoking the dislike from people bigoted against guns etc.

But I figure anyone who volunteers to carry a gun (rather than being forced to as part of a job), and is some sort of a gun enthusiast, finds some enjoyment in being able to have a gun with them. If you were an enthusiast of any other object I'm sure you would enjoy having it near by also. I also enjoy trumpets, and I would probably enjoy carrying my trumpet with me too, but it would be much more cumbersome than a gun and less useful to carry. So there is the usefulness aspect too. If a gun wasn'tauseful self-defense toolI probably wouldn't carry it.

I don't carry a gun because its fun, but I wouldn't carry it if it were not to some degree.If I had two identical guns, I would gladly carry both at least sometimes.

(Then again, maybe I still would even if I didn'tenjoy it, out of the sakeof being responsible for my own safety and not allowing myself to be victimized.. but then this could also be seen as a source of enjoyment because I know I wouldn't be as comfortable having to rely on others.)

If all I was concerned about was my well-being I could also wear some body armor, but to me that would be NO fun, and therefore I won't. I would gain no enjoyment out of it, although I suppose if I was being shot at I would wish I had some.
LEO 229 is Felid Maximus free to go now?:D

Yata hey

Gunslinger

imported post

I carried two when I flew in SEA, Hi-Power and AF issue K-38. Different circumstances. I would have carried an M-60 if I could have fit it in the cockpit. Now, I find one is enough. I only carry for self defense, not a fashion statement. With respect to a statement showing my backing for the 2nd Amendment: molon lave.