• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excellent Encounter at Olympia Denny's

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Met up with Bear .45/70 and had some lunch together at the Denny's in Olympia. After we got the check, our waiter came up, and pointing at my 1911 said "That is so cool." Long and the short of it, is we refered him to OCDO, and talked guns a bit. Guess our waiter and his manager were talking about us and found OC to be a Good Thing. Hopefully the waiter will pop in tonight and say howdy.

Of course I didn't have any of the gun rights pamphlets on me:(

ScottyT

imported post

I too have regretted not having our Utah pamphlet (that I made!) on me the last few days. Several opportunities missed -- well, not missed, but I wasn't able to leave them with anything tangible..

Just printed out 50 of them! :celebrate Now I am ready!

just_a_car

imported post

That's pretty sweet, SV. I've had pretty good luck with most Denny's and Sheri's when it comes to OC. Same with Beth's Cafe.

Seems the 24hr diners are mostly OC-okay... probably because they recognize that you can't be protected by the cops 100% of the time better than most businesses.

Patch

imported post

My brother-in-law is the manager at a Denny's in Oly...............you may have hit his store.....LOL. If so, he is very gun friendly and felt the whole OC thing was really cool when we talked a couple months back. Also talking about getting himself a firearm.

His name is Shawn......look for him down that way and chat em up

:)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Patch wrote:
My brother-in-law is the manager at a Denny's in Oly...............you may have hit his store.....LOL. If so, he is very gun friendly and felt the whole OC thing was really cool when we talked a couple months back. Also talking about getting himself a firearm.

His name is Shawn......look for him down that way and chat em up

:)
Cool! As far as I know t here is only the one Denny's in Oly near Black Lake Blvd on the west side...

Patch

imported post

Ya, may be so........don't know if Tumwater has one, or lacey or West Oly for that matter. I lump them all as one city anyhow LOL!

:p