• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Unfired Russian SKS

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Just picked this baby up today!

2573451917_3799c51c78.jpg

2574275036_3a3af73f4b.jpg

Patch

imported post

Had fun with my old Russian SKS for a number of years then passed it on to stepson and he is still having a ball with it even though he turned it into a Tapco monster LOL

Looks good!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well I'm going to keep this one pretty much original. I am going to get a different stock though, I don't want to bugger this one up at all. Put it aside somewhere safe and put a beater wood stock or mebbe a zytel dragonuv style stock on it.

Patch

imported post

Actually, I have a "beater" SKS stock in the closet if ya want it LOL, then again, Oly may be to far away to drive from for a stock LOL

kenshin

imported post

That's a great looking rifle sv_.

If you don't mind we asking, where'd you get it? I've been looking at picking up something similiar.

Wish you lots of fun with the new toy.:cool:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

kenshin wrote:
That's a great looking rifle sv_.

If you don't mind we asking, where'd you get it? I've been looking at picking up something similiar.

Wish you lots of fun with the new toy.:cool:
I got it from a friend for a good price. Your best bet is probably one of the yugoslavian ones running around right now.

PoppaGary

imported post

Both are sweet looking rifles!

I have a Yugo that is in pretty good shape and love to shoot it; never fails to garner almost as much attention as the M44. :D

Gary

MetalChris

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Snip
Your best bet is probably one of the yugoslavian ones running around right now.
Man, I wish I was up there in WA so I could catch one of those runaway SKS', even if it is a Yugo. ;)