• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOVA Picnic

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well the weathers nice again, I propose we have another OCDO picnic. I think we should hold it at *edit* Burke Lake Park on Sunday June 29th, 10:30-2?, like last year.

Edit to add:
If you are in, PM me and I will you my number to call me on Sunday in you need to find the group. Also it will help us keep track of who is coming and how much stuff we will need.

List of Supplies, and who is bringing what. Updated 6/27
Confirmed list, if you don't see your name here but are coming let me know ASAP
Nakedshoplifter, LEO229, Nova, Nelson Muntz, longwatch, ZBBMcFate +1, VAOC, ED +1, Glock27Bill

List of supplies (from last year)

Charcoal -Nakedshoplifter
Lighter Fluid-Nakedshoplifter
Plates- nova
Cups- LEO 229
Napkins- LEO 229
Plastic forks knives and spoons - LEO 229
Table cloth
Hamburgers-
Nelson Muntz (2 bags/patties Costco)
Cheese Glock27Bill
Hot Dogs - ZBBMcFate
Rolls/buns- ZBBMcFate
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion-Glock27Bill
Chips-longwatch
Tin Foil Corn
20 bowls of potato salad
Baked beans
Water
- nova
Soda
Coffee / coffee pot?-
longwatch
ketchup- VAOC
mustard- VAOC
relish- VAOC
Camcorder-Nakedshoplifter
broccoli salad- ZBBMcFate
other food?
other gear?
cheesecake
-Ed
Cookies/Cupcakes for kids
ICE...
- Nelson Muntz (4 bags)
Chairs -2 longwatch, 1-Nakedshoplifter

Tomahawk

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Do we need to book the helicopter early?

That's what I do. Attract mosquitos, large and small.

Speaking of that incident, I ran the trail around Burke Lake today, and I was just thinking about that day...

Shame you're not in Virginny any more, Bob, we miss ya.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

longwatch wrote:
Well the weathers nice again, I propose we have another OCDO picnic. I think we should hold it at Bull Run Regional Park on Sunday June 29th, like last year. I haven't made any reservations or seen if they are available yet. I think Tess took that responsibility last year, maybe she can enlighten as to what we need to do.

Algonkian has a bunch of shelters too: http://www.nvrpa.org/shelter_details.php?shelter_id=3

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran

Tomahawk

imported post

ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Well the weathers nice again, I propose we have another OCDO picnic. I think we should hold it at Bull Run Regional Park on Sunday June 29th, like last year. I haven't made any reservations or seen if they are available yet. I think Tess took that responsibility last year, maybe she can enlighten as to what we need to do.

Algonkian has a bunch of shelters too: http://www.nvrpa.org/shelter_details.php?shelter_id=3
And it's on the Potomac, too, nice.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
zoom6zoom wrote:
Do we need to book the helicopter early?

That's what I do. Attract mosquitos, large and small.

Speaking of that incident, I ran the trail around Burke Lake today, and I was just thinking about that day...

Shame you're not in Virginny any more, Bob, we miss ya.

I know..I miss you guys too. But I'm having fun taking OC around the country! Post pics and more YouTube videos!!

Marco

imported post

Someplace with plenty of shade sounds nice.
I don't want to burn.

Bull Run Park charges a fee per car doesn't it?

Harper1227

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Great idea long watch but hubby and I will be in Ohio for a wedding that weekend! :cuss:Keep me updated if you choose a different weekend. We'll try to make it.

Lysander

imported post

longwatch wrote:

I'm looking forward to it, but the 29th is a bad day for me.