• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekend Trip to Idaho (OC ?s)

Outsider

imported post

Hello everyone in Idaho. I'm taking a trip tomorrow evening through Sunday to Idaho. I currently live in Utah and going to be driving up. I currently don't have a Concealed Carry Permit (still waiting for it to come in the mail) and OC here in Utah. What the laws there in Idaho?

Oh, going to Idaho Falls for a Family Reunion.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The family reunion will have to wait, you have a camping trip to attend. :X

SGT Jensen and I open carried in Lava Hot Springs last weekend no problem.

Outsider

imported post

LoL! If I skipped out on my wife's family reunion to go camping and shooting she'd kill me! I wish they weren't the same weekend.

bourneshooter

imported post

Outsider,

ID's open carry laws are awesome. You can OC pretty much anywhere with a loaded gun. Only places exempted are k-12 Schools and Select .gov buildings. Federal and courts/prisons. Other than that, if somebody complaigns about your OC'ing thats alright unless they ask you to leave.

Enjoy your visit.

Hiredgun30

imported post

from www.idaho.gov
Code:
[code]
[/code]
Code:
[code]while in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any
city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person
without a license to carry a concealed weapon. [b]This shall not apply to any
firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded.[/b] A firearm may
be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled
or unloaded.
[/code]

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Fully loaded, round in the chamber... no dum "two actions" thing... just carry your gun like a real man should (hot), and you'll be good to go. No K-12 schools, past metal detectors at airports, or jails/courthouses, and 3-4 government buildings downtown Boise, and you'll be just fine. Can't be intoxicated, but legal to carry in a bar etc. Enjoy your stay!

Outsider

imported post

By any chance can you guys post the laws from your Criminal Code because I can't seem to find it. Not set up the same way Utah's is.

GreenDrake

imported post

You're good to OC in Idaho, anytime. I know good to check the regs, but you are fine. I OC'd today, not a glance or second look with shorts, sandals a short sleeve button down and my evil black pistol on my hip. I love my Idaho.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
Fully loaded, round in the chamber... no dum "two actions" thing... just carry your gun like a real man should (hot), and you'll be good to go. No K-12 schools, past metal detectors at airports, or jails/courthouses, and 3-4 government buildings downtown Boise, and you'll be just fine. Can't be intoxicated, but legal to carry in a bar etc. Enjoy your stay!

IdahoCorsair, did you just call him hot...:shock:

Just kidding. I know you refer to the firearm:lol:

TJ

Outsider

imported post

The wife made me keep it in the car during the family reunion. Didn't get to carry it fully loaded for the first time. :( Sad... Oh well.