• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Sale: 2 Springfield XD-40's

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Anyway, have two Springfield XD-40's for sale. One has the original box SA box, one does not. These guns have been fired less than 1,000 times, cleaned and maintained. There is a little bit of holster wear and other minor things with the finish that's because these have been my open carry guns for the last three years.

Each gun comes with one twelve round mag. Since these are brand new $500 in the market up here, I'm willing to offer $425/obo for the one with the original box, slightly less for the one without the original box. I will be posting pictures soon.

Why am I getting rid of them? Gas prices and other financial emergencies eating into my budget. Since you guys have been my bedrock in terms of keeping the Washington open carry movement going, I'll offer you folks a first crack at it. Feel free to PM me something.

SlacK

imported post

I think i'd be quite interested in buying one of these, the only problem is i've
only ever shot the xd-9.

I'm going to be taking a firearms class next week, i'll try to shoot one then,
if i like the .40 as much as the 9, i'd be interested in buying one.

rysa

imported post

ugh, wish i had the money. I bought a g-23 but i cant shoot it cause my pudgy hands get slide bite. Too high a grip i guess. Never had that problem with my XD-9.

If I get rid of my NIB PF-9 (hint hint to anyone reading) I might be able to take one of them off your hands.

dlnwoody

imported post

Slack,

If you can handle the XD9 then you should not have a problem with the xd40. I carry an XD40 subcompact and my wife has the XD9 service. The only difference I fell is due to the size of the gun but both shoot nice.

dlnwoody

imported post

I have an XD40 subcompact for sell. It comes with the box, holster, mag holster, 1 9rd mag and 2 13rd mags, and the speed loader. It has around 2000 rounds through it. the only marks are on the top of the barrel from the slide. Asking 375. I am not trying to lowball Lonnie. I am trying to sell mine to buy his. The subcompact is just to small for my hand. I like the feel of the service model, that is the only reason i'm trying to sell it.

Gray Peterson

imported post

Btw, some people were wondering: I'm not exiting the open carry movement. Just trying to shed a little extra gun weight that's sitting here and doing nothing.

compmanio365

imported post

I thought the XD is what you were carrying....what are you carrying now that you aren't using the XD anymore?

Even if I had the money, I'm really wanting a 1911 in .45 for my next gun purchase....:)

Gray Peterson

imported post

Still will have an XD. These are just two extras that are sitting around doing nothing. Rather than pawning it, I'd rather give these and the Ruger P95DC I have around doing nothing a good home with the OCDO community here.. Btw, the Ruger is going for $250.

.45ballers

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Both an XD and the Ruger have been sold. There is still an XD-40 left to sell. Lowering it to $375. :)

I dont know how to pm?? cant find the link? anyways I want to buy the xd 40 you have left. PM me if you can or

jcmvw1(at)earthlink.net..

jason

apd.unit2

imported post

Do you still have the XD .40 subcompact for sale? What are you asking for it now?