• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul calls it quits

Schantz

imported post

Bob Barr is noting more than an opportunist, he only discovers the Constitution when it’s convenient for him, if you don’t believe it check out his voting record

Take a look at Chuck Baldwin he has always supported the Constitution and Ron Paul.

It’s far too late for compromises. Time to stop being unwitting accomplices in destroying our constitution by voting for those you know have a history of shitting on it.

If you don’t stop now, when will you? Just how much crap will you tolerate before you have had enough and realize you cannot win playing the lesser of two evil game. They always win and we always lose. No matter which party is in power we continue to lose freedom.

If you think you can win at this lesser of two evil game, then who would you vote for if you had the choice of Hitler or Stalin or a long shot third candidate. Yes we know you would like to vote for him but he has very little chance off winning. Why, because most of the sheep wants to vote for a winner and believe voting for anyone but the main party’s Skunks would be tossing away their vote.

If we change the names isn’t that where we are now.

If you still want to play the game here is one for you to try, play Russian Roulette with an automatic.

Weak 9mm

imported post

I hate this situation. I sort of feel like not voting at all would be just the same as voting for a 3rd party. Perhaps that's the best option.

I guess my problem is that we are certain that Obama is very against gun rights, while McCain may simply do something to please the left. If what we're worried about is him passing some crap about BG checks at a gun show vs. Obama removing the right to own a gun based on cosmetic features (as in - AWB), I would much prefer McCain. One is an annoyance for law abiding citizens, the other completely strips our right to own most of the weapons that anyone who doesn't think guns are simply for hunting is interested in owning. One is a tiny step, the other is a huge leap.

I encounter Obama idiots on youtube crapping out theories about how "guns are different than the were." Yes, they are, and that's why the good guys need just as much technology as the bad guys, lol. These folks would have us shooting muskets at terrorists armed with select fire AK-47's. I simply don't think that McCain is going to get rid of those rights like Obama will. Once they're gone, it's going to be very very hard to get them back.

Last time I mentioned the newly proposed AWB was permanent, somebody jumped down my throat saying "NOTHING IS PERMANENT, BLAH BLAH BLAH." Well of course you can turn something around, but it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to do than preventing it from happening. Especially when all of the people who put it in place will be around for a long time to come.

It just seems to me that Obama's record shows clear support of the removal of any firearm not for "hunting or sporting." That means everything that I would ever want to buy. Absolutely EVERYTHING. I do not have any interest in a single shot bolt action rifle. I want 30 round magazines in my semi-automatic carbines. I want a heat shield on my damned barrel if that's how I want it and I want a pistol grip on my firearm if that's what suits me. I want my handguns to have 30 round magazines if that's what I buy and I certainly want my .50 caliber rifle if that's what I would like.

I simply don't see McCain coming in and going after this stuff, while Obama is likely going to get in there and go right after all of it. McCain, if he does something to "please" the left probably isn't going to go to the extremes that Obama will. If there is vast evidence of McCain being completely for AWBs and all of that, then show me and perhaps it will change my mind. But for now I cannot see how he will do just as much as Obama. Like I said, I would MUCH PREFER requirements of BG checks for purchases if I can still own any firearm, rather than having the right to own pretty much any worthwhile firearm taken away based solely on ignorance and personal agenda and on top of the laws requiring BG checks to purchase a firearm.

To me anything I can imagine McCain doing, I can imagine Obama doing, plus some. The message sent when you vote for a 3rd party in today's age is absolutely nothing unfortunately. I think it's similar to not voting at this point. When Obama gets in there and lays all of his anti cards on the table it's going to be a sad day for this country. We will probably begin to let the UN restrict our constitutional rights, etc. It will be so much fun for Obama and he will probably receive tons of praise and approval with the attitudes of people in this country today. Especially from the asshole hunters who actually agree with anti's so they can "ensure" they keep their own rights, for a little while. It will be interesting to see all the rights we lose when Obama gets in office.

Tomahawk

imported post

I can't wait to see the hypocrisy of all the republicans who will cry the blues when Obama uses all the nifty new executive powers Bush is going to leave him, and use them against us.

When it comes time for Obama to round up your guns, he will have a variety of tools to use against you, tools which many gunowners supported when the "right man" asked for them.

We reap what we sow, America.

Schantz

imported post

To those who will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils and justify themselves I feel sorry for you, as you don’t even know you are the problem.

You think you can pacify your enemies by continuing to lick their boots. They are going to take and do what they want no matter what main party gets in. Have you ever heard the term “Useful Idiot”?

We have all been Useful Idiots in the past but to continue to be one when you know you are being used is stupidly in the extreme.

To continue to make the same mistake when you must know better, knowing you have a chance to change things even if it’s only a small chance and not taking it when it’s available is unforgivable and you make armed resistance the only choice left.

I admit it will most likely come down to that in any event, but we have only so many chances for peaceful change and we should try them.

If not, we condemn our kids and grand kids to fight when it will be much harder and bloodier. We allowed this to happen to our country and we have the responsibility to clean it up.

How many of our kids will have to die because we did nothing when we had a chance, even if it is a small chance? Or, do you think the kids will continue to accept what we all know is coming down?

Some of us can comfortably sit out the rest of our lives and not be bothered much by what is happening and it is a very tempting thought. All the work we do as individuals to restore this country is nullified by Useful Idiots who continue to vote the lesser of two evils.

American the land of the brave and the free? I see no evidence it exists today. I can talk and give sound reasons and state we have a responsibility to our Oath but as long as we have a majority of Useful Idiots in this country there will be no peaceful change.

So why should I continue when I have so many other things I can do to make myself more comfortable and just enjoy what’s left of my life. Should I just sit back and watch the death of our constitution? Maybe I will think about this, the temptation gets greater reading all the excuses to vote for evil.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
American voters seem to be indifferent to third parties.
You got it!

There is nothing in the Constitution that says we must have a 2-party system, but that's what developed here. Like it or not, its the reality for now.

If you're tired of "voting for the lesser of two evils", remember this is what Americans have been doing for over 200 years. Get over it, or try to change the system into a parliamentary one with numerous parties so everyone can find the "politician of their choice". Supporting a 3rd or 4th party candidate in a 2 party system is like asking for "tutti-frutti" in an ice cream shop that says "We only carry chocolate and vanilla". You end up with frustration and irritation on both sides and accomplish squat.

Ron Paul has a large following for some vary valid reasons, but he knew he never had a realistic chance to become President. He may get the Republican Party to make some changes, which are long overdue.

In the meantime we need to keep the collectivists away from the helm, and the anti-contitutionists from the Supreme Court.

If you hate both candidates and can't vote for either, you can either sit this election out, or you can write in "tutti-frutti" and end up with the WORST of the two evils.

Weak 9mm

imported post

Schantz wrote:

To those who will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils and justify themselves I feel sorry for you, as you don’t even know you are the problem.
Please don't make a post with 10 sentences longer than the whole screen. Using paragraphs for the body of your text and occasionally isolating a sentence is fine. But seriously, you don't need 3 spaces between each sentence.

Complaining about the lesser of two evils thing isn't telling anyone anything.

If you have to vote for the lesser of two evils, VOTE FOR THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS!

Why not try to ensure that the most evil one does not make it into office?

Voting for a 3rd party will not send a signal today, it simply wont. Most people in America today don't care about the 3rd parties. Also, so many people are jumping on the Obama bandwagon it's insane. If you're going to vote for a 3rd party, why not just skip voting at all? I don't see how you're doing anything different, plus none of the 3rd party candidates are that good either. If you're going to do a write it, that's an even bigger waste of your time.

We lost RP, and that was who I would have backed, well and maybe Thompson (Although I didn't know enough about him to be sure on that one). Neither was around for very long though, and I'm very disappointed about that.

If you want to change things in terms of how everything is structured or who the candidates are, it wont happen through the way you vote in this presidential election. If you vote for a 3rd party it wont really help the situation IMO. If we know that one of the candidates wants to actively go after our 2nd amendment rights, while the other is basically indifferent, I want the one that is indifferent and will likely settle in the middle at worst. Obama will go after our firearms, just like he has in his state. Anything that comes his way asking for bans and restrictions will be signed.

I'm sure if the UN comes up and says, "hey man, we need you to take away the guns. Britain did it, so you should too." He'll sit there and say, "Yes, you're right. We'll get right on it!"

I'm not saying you shouldn't vote for who you want to vote for, but don't talk crap to people who are making a choice that may actually make a difference in the outcome of the election. Your voting for a 3rd party will make no difference, because your vote was never going to be for Obama. Thus unless you were to vote for McCain, voting for a 3rd party will be no different than not voting at all in that case. Just because people don't want to waste their time voting for nothing doesn't mean they're being "used."

These same people may want to bring about reform as well, but IMO they also know it wont be done in the presidential election this time around.

Like I said in another thread, look at this idiot. This is exactly what the voters for Mr. Hussein Osama Bin Laden believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkLPkz7h1VQ

My favorite part is where he says the republican party's ideas on gun rights are more aligned with Osama Bin Laden than Hussein Obama's are. I don't know what the party's "ideas on gun rights" are, but I do know that Hussein Obama doesn't want people armed. He wants to rule them through terror and none of that involves people being able to fight back. This is how indoctrinated most of his supporters are and I have no doubts that Hussein Obama thinks just like this guy. That idiot also quotes all of these ridiculous firearm statistics. This is an exact quote from the maker of that video (Page 4 of his comments section):

"here is some facts:

1.) 8 people under the age of 19 are killed a day in homocides, suicides and unintentional shootings by guns.
2.) Guns in the home make it 6 times more likely that an abused woman will end up murdered
3.) Gun violence costs the U.S over 100billion dollars a year
4.)In 2005, 17,002 people, including 822 children and teens, killed themselves with a firearm.
5.)In 2006, there were only 154 justifiable homicides by private citizens using handguns in the United States"

I don't know if he got some of that from the brady campaign or what. A lot of it is just plain irrelevant or he doesn't understand what it means due to the evidence being misrepresented. For instance, the fact that only 154 justifiable homicides occured is a GOOD thing. It should show you that guns rarely had to be fired at an attacker in incidents in which they were used, as in, the gun saved someone without taking a life! But the sources of his information use this to say, "See? Those gun nuts don't even need them!"

Schantz

imported post

I write my comments in Word and use only one line between paragraphs and I use a 12-font size but when I paste it here, it comes out different.

Anyway, would you accept the same excuses and logic that you use from your kids? Or do you like them to stand up for what is right? Like the guy said “We reap what we sow, America”

Weak 9mm

imported post

So I take it you only like to address the smallest, most pointless parts of a post. Then you make a highly generalized statement that speaks to none of the points raised.

Would you accept those kinds of "logic" and excuses from your kids?

tattedupboy

imported post

I live and vote in Gary, IN, a mostly black city located in Northwest Indiana. I already know that when I go to the polls in November, the poll workers are going to do everything they can to get me to vote for Obama, even though they're not supposed to do that. I already know that when I ask what the procedure is for choosing a write in candidate, as I intend to do, they're going to look at me crazy, but oh well.

Schantz

imported post

Ok your most important point is your scared one of the main Parties will take away your guns sooner than the other, right? So most have voted as you have all their life and what do we have now, well over 20.000 unconstitutional gun laws. Just how many laws that restrict your right do they pass ever year? Are we winning yet?

Why not make it sooner and find out if we will accept gun confiscation or not? We are not getting younger. We already know they can pick and choose which guns they will let us have, even to how they can look.

Or, do you want to hold on to your logic until all you can have is a picture of a gun, as long as it’s registered?

So why not just get down to the basics and see if we have the guts to stand on Principal when they try to take the next type or ban any gun? Or will we sit on our assess and gripe. That’s all we have done to date.

Oh we have sent the NRA millions of dollars, voted the same way, and even given money to Politicians or Party, results is 20.000+ gun laws. Have we learned anything?

They have more than enough gun laws now where if they want they can take every gun from anyone they please without passing another law. And you are scared they will pass more? They don’t need anymore.

I have been a member of the Gun Owners of American and have never voted for the lesser of two evils. If there is no one on the ballet that I like I will leave it blank or write in.

Had more of us done the same thing we would not be in this mess today. It does not take courage or much education just make up your mind you have had enough and to hell with this stupid excuse of tossing your vote away.

Try it you will feel much better coming out of the voting booth.

And one more thing on the write in thing. We elected Linda Smith to congress a few years ago and she was not on the ballot almost unknown and facing a multi term incumbent who always beat all challengers over the years. And everyone told us it was a waste of time and a wasted vote. We not only got her elected but almost skunked the incumbent who had almost unlimited money and her parties full support.