Thread: Secret Carry

Post imported post

For 18 years I have been carrying whenever I travel into Baltimore. In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. Once displayed, they changed their mind. No harm, no foul.

Yes, it's against the law because I have no permit and Maryland won't let you have one. But who's law? I see the Constitution as the law allowing me to carry. There was no one there to save me except me. Had I not had the wisdom to forsee the tools I would need to make it out alive, I would have been just another victim on the long list of statistics for the Governor to manipulate,

The Army taught me that it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it,

Post imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:
    For 18 years I have been carrying whenever I travel into Baltimore. In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. Once displayed, they changed their mind. No harm, no foul.

Yes, it's against the law because I have no permit and Maryland won't let you have one. But who's law? I see the Constitution as the law allowing me to carry. There was no one there to save me except me. Had I not had the wisdom to forsee the tools I would need to make it out alive, I would have been just another victim on the long list of statistics for the Governor to manipulate,

The Army taught me that it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it,
    I suggest you delete this thread. You openly admit doing something you know to be illegal. While I agree with your sentiment, I can't say I agree with you putting it out for all to see.

Post imported post

Please do not come around this website bragging about breaking the law. That is NOT what opencarry.org is about. We are interested in changing bad laws, and spreading the knowledge about various gun laws so that people may carry legally and with confidence.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Please do not come here and assert that you have broken Maryland's law regarding concealed carry of a firearm. This is not what OpenCarry.org is about.

Join ranks with other Marylanders who want the ability to protect themselves from violent crime outside the home and get the law changed.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Agreed. A confession now archived forever in the archives of Google, and who knows who else. I'm sure you meant you had a DREAM about doing those things, right? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, but offer explanations when you have your day in court, not here. Juries aren't as likely to be tolerant of blatant criminal activity.

Post imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:

There's a saying I remember from my days in the military in a USAF crypto unit......something about 'loose lips':

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/lslips.htm

SILENCE MEANS SECURITY -- If violation of protective measures is serious within written communications it is disastrous in conversations. Protect your conversation as you do your letters, and be even more careful. A harmful letter can be nullified by censorship; loose talk is direct delivery to the enemy.

If you come home during war your lips must remain sealed and your written hand must be guided by self-imposed censorship. This takes guts. Have you got them or do you want your buddies and your country to pay the price for your showing off. You've faced the battle front; its little enough to ask you to face this 'home front.'

Post imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:
    For 18 years I have been carrying ... In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. ...
    Wow! You've drawn your gun more times than many police offiersin their entire career!

Post imported post