• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Secret Carry

Sgt Mac

imported post

For 18 years I have been carrying whenever I travel into Baltimore. In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. Once displayed, they changed their mind. No harm, no foul.

Yes, it's against the law because I have no permit and Maryland won't let you have one. But who's law? I see the Constitution as the law allowing me to carry. There was no one there to save me except me. Had I not had the wisdom to forsee the tools I would need to make it out alive, I would have been just another victim on the long list of statistics for the Governor to manipulate,

The Army taught me that it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it,

Hef

imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:
For 18 years I have been carrying whenever I travel into Baltimore. In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. Once displayed, they changed their mind. No harm, no foul.

Yes, it's against the law because I have no permit and Maryland won't let you have one. But who's law? I see the Constitution as the law allowing me to carry. There was no one there to save me except me. Had I not had the wisdom to forsee the tools I would need to make it out alive, I would have been just another victim on the long list of statistics for the Governor to manipulate,

The Army taught me that it's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it,
I suggest you delete this thread. You openly admit doing something you know to be illegal. While I agree with your sentiment, I can't say I agree with you putting it out for all to see.

Tomahawk

imported post

Please do not come around this website bragging about breaking the law. That is NOT what opencarry.org is about. We are interested in changing bad laws, and spreading the knowledge about various gun laws so that people may carry legally and with confidence.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Please do not come here and assert that you have broken Maryland's law regarding concealed carry of a firearm. This is not what OpenCarry.org is about.

Join ranks with other Marylanders who want the ability to protect themselves from violent crime outside the home and get the law changed.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agreed. A confession now archived forever in the archives of Google, and who knows who else. I'm sure you meant you had a DREAM about doing those things, right? Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, but offer explanations when you have your day in court, not here. Juries aren't as likely to be tolerant of blatant criminal activity.

Toymaker

imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:

There's a saying I remember from my days in the military in a USAF crypto unit......something about 'loose lips':

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/lslips.htm

ll02.jpg

SILENCE MEANS SECURITY -- If violation of protective measures is serious within written communications it is disastrous in conversations. Protect your conversation as you do your letters, and be even more careful. A harmful letter can be nullified by censorship; loose talk is direct delivery to the enemy.

If you come home during war your lips must remain sealed and your written hand must be guided by self-imposed censorship. This takes guts. Have you got them or do you want your buddies and your country to pay the price for your showing off. You've faced the battle front; its little enough to ask you to face this 'home front.'

Bill in VA

imported post

Sgt Mac wrote:
For 18 years I have been carrying ... In those 18 years I have had to pull it out 5 times to convince the bad guy/s that I meant business. ...
Wow! You've drawn your gun more times than many police offiersin their entire career!