• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Oregon Dunes NRA?

Orygunner

imported post

Does anybody have any info regarding federal no-carry locations?

Specifically, I am headed to the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area (NRA)tomorrow, and want to be able to open-carry my pistol in my vehicle and in the staging area. Yes, I know I can't have it loaded while riding my ATV, it's staying in my truck, which my father-in-law is driving.

Can anyone point me to any firearms regulations for the Oregon Dunes NRA?

Thanks,

...Orygunner...

grishnav

imported post

I'll check my federal laws book for you when I get home, but I don't recall there being any problem.

Don't take my word for it just yet, though.

Orygunner

imported post

Well, I just looked completely through

US Code TITLE 16 > CHAPTER 1 > SUBCHAPTER LXXXIVSUBCHAPTER LXXXIV—OREGON DUNES NATIONAL RECREATION AREA

And couldn't find anything relating to firearms other than to allow huntingby federal and state law, so...

Guess I'll risk it. Although I'm hoping that because I am driving a TRUCK out on the sand, they don't try to call that an ATV and nail me for having it loaded. :)

...Orygunner...