Thread: OCDO's Mike Stollenwerk on the Bob Durgin show on June 13, 2008

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

UPDATE: Audio file now available: http://www.lildobe.net/gallery2/v/PA...ne-08.mp3.html

--

Listen in and call in at WHP AM 580 - 5 PMtoday June 13, 2008.

I link you can listen in online at http://www.voiceofpa.net/WHP580_Schedule.aspx- but not sure - if anybody knows how to listen online, post it here ASAP.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Go to http://www.voiceofpa.net/and click on "Listen Now!"

Can't do it before three o'clock, though. Mike won't be on until five, but you can listen to Bob while waiting.

Post imported post

Listen Live:
    mms://209.18.97.210/The%20Voice%20of%20PA%20Live%20Stream

Post imported post

Mike, Mike, Mike

The correct response (in Pennsylvania) to, "How do you prove you own your gun?" is, "Well, how do you prove you own your underpants? It's a property right issue, and there is no gun registration in Pennsylvania."

Short, sweet and to the point.

Post imported post

Hi guys,

I just heard of your site from the Bob Durgin show today. Thanks for getting on the air Mike and educating people.

One question I have, if you or anyone else could answer is this...

I live in Lancaster County, PA. I have a CWP. Can I also carry open? If I recall correctly, the CWP requires they weapon be hidden at all times. Could I lose my CWP if I carry open?

I ask this here because the police, especially the State Police know less about firearms laws than I do.

Thanks!

Steve
    New Providence, PA

Post imported post

Steve,

You don't have a CWP, you have an LTCF (License to Carry Firearms). With an LTCF, you can carry your firearm concealed anywhere in Pennsylvania, you can carry loaded in your car, you can carry openly in Philadelphia, and you can carry during a declared state of emergency.

You do not have to conceal your firearm when carrying it anywhere in Pennsylvania. You do not need a license to openly carry. Just because you have a license doesn't mean you are required to conceal your firearm.

You cannot lose your LTCF for carrying openly. You cannot be cited for disorderly conduct or terroristic threatening.

Suggest you pop over to http://www.pafoa.org and check out their forum on concealed and open carry if you haven't done so yet. If you haven't, it will open your eyes.

Also suggest you go to http://www.PAOpenCarry.org and download their handy-dandy gun rights folder (can be folded to fit right in your pocket or wallet).

Welcome to the family.

Post imported post

Thanks very much, you answered my question 100%, and I appreciate the links!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Don't forget to tell him aboutcarry in Philadelphia.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

First paragraph, second sentence.

To carry in Philadelphia, either openly or concealed, one must have an LTCF or a concealed handgun license from another state that is recognized by Pennsylvania.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:

To carry in Philadelphia, either openly or concealed, one must have an LTCF or a concealed handgun license from another state that is recognized by Pennsylvania.
    Gulp. (Embarrassment). Contrition.

Teach me to read more closely. Sorry.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Statkowski wrote:

Gulp. (Embarrassment). Contrition.

Teach me to read more closely. Sorry.

Citizen -when you can take the pebble from Master Statkowski's hand,it will be time for you to leave this place.