• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO's Mike Stollenwerk on the Bob Durgin show on June 13, 2008

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Mike, Mike, Mike

The correct response (in Pennsylvania) to, "How do you prove you own your gun?" is, "Well, how do you prove you own your underpants? It's a property right issue, and there is no gun registration in Pennsylvania."

Short, sweet and to the point.

SWeiss

imported post

Hi guys,

I just heard of your site from the Bob Durgin show today. Thanks for getting on the air Mike and educating people.

One question I have, if you or anyone else could answer is this...

I live in Lancaster County, PA. I have a CWP. Can I also carry open? If I recall correctly, the CWP requires they weapon be hidden at all times. Could I lose my CWP if I carry open?

I ask this here because the police, especially the State Police know less about firearms laws than I do.

Thanks!

Steve
New Providence, PA

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Steve,

You don't have a CWP, you have an LTCF (License to Carry Firearms). With an LTCF, you can carry your firearm concealed anywhere in Pennsylvania, you can carry loaded in your car, you can carry openly in Philadelphia, and you can carry during a declared state of emergency.

You do not have to conceal your firearm when carrying it anywhere in Pennsylvania. You do not need a license to openly carry. Just because you have a license doesn't mean you are required to conceal your firearm.

You cannot lose your LTCF for carrying openly. You cannot be cited for disorderly conduct or terroristic threatening.

Suggest you pop over to http://www.pafoa.org and check out their forum on concealed and open carry if you haven't done so yet. If you haven't, it will open your eyes.

Also suggest you go to http://www.PAOpenCarry.org and download their handy-dandy gun rights folder (can be folded to fit right in your pocket or wallet).

Welcome to the family.

SWeiss

imported post

Thanks very much, you answered my question 100%, and I appreciate the links! :cool:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Statkowski wrote:
First paragraph, second sentence.

To carry in Philadelphia, either openly or concealed, one must have an LTCF or a concealed handgun license from another state that is recognized by Pennsylvania.

Gulp. (Embarrassment). Contrition.

Teach me to read more closely. Sorry.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Statkowski wrote:
First paragraph, second sentence.

To carry in Philadelphia, either openly or concealed, one must have an LTCF or a concealed handgun license from another state that is recognized by Pennsylvania.

Gulp. (Embarrassment). Contrition.

Teach me to read more closely. Sorry.
Citizen -when you can take the pebble from Master Statkowski's hand,it will be time for you to leave this place.