• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Reno/Sparks CCW certifiers here?

jfrey123

imported post

If a local fella is certified and running a class soon, I'd like to tag along and add a couple of firearms.

Figured I'd ask here and find a good ol' boy before I try to go looking around with no background...

varminter22

imported post

I know there are some good ones in your area. Sierra Firearms Academy is among the good ones.

And you're always welcome in your new organization, SFA. No charge for SFA membersto haveone of our instructors qual you andadd firearms.

calmp9

imported post

varminter22 wrote:
I know there are some good ones in your area.  Sierra Firearms Academy is among the good ones. 

And you're always welcome in your new organization, SFA.  No charge for SFA members to have one of our instructors qual you and add firearms. 

Semper Firearms is also good. Mike Motta is an excellent instructor. I took my training with him and I recommend him wholeheartedly. I have heard that Sierra Firearms is good too.

Loneviking

imported post

Another trainer I'd recommend is Allen and Kelly Mains at Safe and Sane Firearms. It was only $80 for the class and Utah sign off. These folks do know that OC is legal, they just don't feel it's a good thing to do in crowded situations. They've trained quite a few of the Washoe SO dispatchers and other folks in the Washoe government. Good class and good people, very involved in protecting/enlarging Second Amendment rights. I've also heard good things about Mike Motta and have swapped several e-mails with him.

calmp9

imported post

Loneviking wrote:
Another trainer I'd recommend is Allen and Kelly Mains at Safe and Sane Firearms. It was only $80 for the class and Utah sign off.  These folks do know that OC is legal, they just don't feel it's a good thing to do in crowded situations.  They've trained quite a few of the Washoe SO dispatchers and other folks in the Washoe government.  Good class and good people, very involved in protecting/enlarging Second Amendment rights.  I've also heard good things about Mike Motta and have swapped several e-mails with him.

Mike is good and he's all about staying alive. not just making money teaching a class. I like the way he does things and I like the way he thinks.

I heard that Safe and Sane Firearms take their act on the road and hit my neck of the woods. I know someone who wants to get his Utah CCW. He has a California CCW, one that I covet, but can't get. I can't show just cause, a requirement of the California CCW, the may issue state that WILL not issue one to me.

Do you know how I can get a schedule of when they're coming to California?