• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got pulled over by the UHP the other day...

scorpioajr

imported post

combatcarry wrote:
I do not trust any LEO, especially the UHP. In my personal experience the UHP will say anything, and do anything, legal or not especially when they have you alone on the side of the highway (this includes threats to strip search your family) with the dash camera off. If youattempt to file a complaint with the sargent they say, "Go ahead. If your complaint is valid we will offer additional training to the officers."

Holy Crap - :what: Ok: so if this is even anywhere CLOSE to being remotley true.. im gonna puke...

Did they never release "V for Vendetta" in Utah? yea...get on the ball ppl.

combatcarry

imported post

I assure you what I said happened. The attorney general became involved because of so many complaints.

This happened at a selective road block. The UHP formerly hid in bushes with a trash can in the middle of the road that said "Deposit Contraband Here". They would observe people, while hiding, as they drove by. They claimedmy wifethrew a bag of marijuanna out of the car. I insisted that they take us to jail, and present their evidence on the marijuanna before a judge, because they were lying.We bothoffered to give a blood test immediately at the hospital. They refused and searched our car in the "middle" (not on the side) of a deserted roadway. Myself and my wife have never even been in the presence of someone smoking marijuanna, let alone partook of it.

Selective road blocks are now illegal in Utah (thank God, and Mr. Shurtliff).

To be fair to the officer I will quote exactly what he said. He told me (alonein the middle of nowhere in the presence of another male officer) with his dash camera off, "Sir, you are lucky that we aren't going to strip search her." They also asked if she was "my wife,my girlfriend, or my mistress" I consider my wife fairly attractive, so I'm convinced they were a couple of perverts. At the time we were in our early 20s.

The quote from the sargent ("Go ahead. If your complaint is valid we will offer additional training to the officers") is word for word to the best of my memory.

How would this make you feel about our friends in uniform? It was a wake up call for me. This only happened about 8 years ago, so I would bet itis still happening today. I still see these two officers around town.

brokenarrows

imported post

combatcarry wrote:
I assure you what I said happened. The attorney general became involved because of so many complaints.

This happened at a selective road block. The UHP formerly hid in bushes with a trash can in the middle of the road that said "Deposit Contraband Here". They would observe people, while hiding, as they drove by. They claimedmy wifethrew a bag of marijuanna out of the car. I insisted that they take us to jail, and present their evidence on the marijuanna before a judge, because they were lying.We bothoffered to give a blood test immediately at the hospital. They refused and searched our car in the "middle" (not on the side) of a deserted roadway. Myself and my wife have never even been in the presence of someone smoking marijuanna, let alone partook of it.

To be fair to the officer I will quote exactly what he said. He told me (alonein the middle of nowhere in the presence of another male officer) with his dash camera off, "Sir, you are lucky that we aren't going to strip search her." They also asked if she was "my wife,my girlfriend, or my mistress" I consider my wife fairly attractive, so I'm convinced they were a couple of perverts. At the time we were in our early 20s.

The quote from the sargent ("Go ahead. If your complaint is valid we will offer additional training to the officers") is word for word to the best of my memory.

How would this make you feel about our friends in uniform? It was a wake up call for me. This only happened about 8 years ago, so I would bet itis still happening today. I still see these two officers around town.
IF this is true, way wrong.

brokenarrows

imported post

combatcarry wrote:

IF this is true, way wrong.