• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now THIS is a pro-gun Letter to the Editor!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

We need more LTEs like this in every paper in the country! Way to go Michael!!

--

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080613/OPINION/806130397/1029/OPINION03

June 13, 2008

It's time for gun owners to come out of the closet.

Many of us own guns to protect ourselves and those around us from criminals. Yet too many of us hide this fact by carrying handguns concealed.

"Open carry" is a growing movement across the country among gun owners who choose to carry openly, both as a deterrent to crime and to educate people in their communities.

In Manchester, most open-carry activists live in Ward 5, near where Officer Michael Briggs was killed. These are people who, by carrying their firearms in plain sight, make the statement that they are willing to risk their lives to ensure that violent criminals will not kill a police officer or anyone else.

People who choose to carry their firearms openly deserve our thanks. Those gun owners among us who still carry concealed, or do not carry, should consider carrying openly. You can find more information on open carry at opencarry.org.

MICHAEL HAMPTON

Manchester

Kastaway

imported post

Yes, yes it is a very good letter, but how many of YOU have the OO to step UP and make one of your own and send it to your local paper.

Armchair patriots that’s all u r.................come OUT of the closet people stand up for your rights!!!!!

OK we OC that’s alot BUT if you don't bitch to your Congressmen???......go to Gun Owners of America website send your Congressmen a letter BITCH about our gun rights......THEY will even write the letter for you if u can't do well like ME...........Not just carrying will do, we need to be proactive.

Come on people wake up smell the powder....

imperialism2024

imported post

Well, I've given up on writing letters to the editor of the local newspaper. The mindless Democrats and neo-cons do not understand reason, and will absorb only "news" that appeals to them emotionally.

Instead, I take a hands-on approach. I take friends shooting who have never so much as seen a real gun before. So far, I've accompanied two friends while they purchased their first guns. I talk to people I meet and, within the right context, bring up issues of rights. I hope to affect people who will then go on to affect others. A one-on-one discussion has a much larger impact than a heavily-edited (by the writing staff) paragraph or two that's stuck all the way back in the "Danger: Requires Thinking" part of the newspaper that separates the graphic, fear-mongering crime descriptions from the comics.

unrequited

imported post

Kastaway wrote:
Yes, yes it is a very good letter, but how many of YOU have the OO to step UP and make one of your own and send it to your local paper.

Armchair patriots that’s all u r.................come OUT of the closet people stand up for your rights!!!!!

OK we OC that’s alot BUT if you don't bitch to your  Congressmen???......go to Gun Owners of America website send your Congressmen a letter BITCH about our gun rights......THEY will even  write the letter for you if u can't do well like ME...........Not just carrying will do, we need to be proactive.

What?

Tomahawk

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Kastaway wrote:

OK we OC that’s alot BUT if you don't bitch to your Congressmen???......go to Gun Owners of America website send your Congressmen a letter BITCH about our gun rights......THEY will even write the letter for you if u can't do well like ME...........Not just carrying will do, we need to be proactive.

What?

Yeah, I was going to say something...

mvpel

imported post

My friend Michael Hampton is a fellow Free Stater, originator of the Porcupine 411 voicemail distribution system which captured the audio of Dave Ridley's Manchester open carry incident a few months ago, organizer of the pro-liberty Taproom Tuesdays and Free State Fridays events at Murphy's Taproom on Elm Street in Manchester, NH, and an all-around good guy.

Stop by Murphy's this evening if you're in the area to congratulate him personally on this excellent LTE.