• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC In Mountlake Terrace/Lynwood

Patch

imported post

I live in Mountlake Terrace, right across the street from Lynwood. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with OC in either town?

Have not done so myself, YET.

I know alot of the Mountlake Terrace police because of my job, so I really do not think I would have any really "bad" encounters.

Trying to work up the gumption to actually do it!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Patch wrote:
I live in Mountlake Terrace, right across the street from Lynwood. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with OC in either town?

Have not done so myself, YET.

I know alot of the Mountlake Terrace police because of my job, so I really do not think I would have any really "bad" encounters.

Trying to work up the gumption to actually do it!
Several folks OC in Lynwood all the time. I OC there when I go up there, and also on Community Transit.

Patch

imported post

Cool. Going to pop my cherry tomorrow me thinks.

Cards: check

Literature: check

Applicable legal references: check

Wee little voice recorder: check

Will file report when finished tomorrow afternoon.

:D

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I open carry in Lynnhood all of the time. No problems, no issues. Since this is my homefront, if you have ANY problems with Lynnwood PD, call me, PM me, email me, however you gotta do it.

just_a_car

imported post

+1. If you'd like to get together for lunch or something this week, feel free to PM me, I'm off school all week.

I OC in Edmonds, Lynnwwod, MT, Brier, etc. without issue. Even OC at the Alderwood mall every once in a blue moon and never had a problem. The security there are more worried about shoplifters and kids hurting themselves on the rocks outside the foodcourt than my OC.

badger

imported post

Last week I took the wife out to dinner at Billy McHale's (awesome decor!) in Lynnwood, WA. Did a little shopping afterwards in surrounding shops. OC'ed the whole time without any incidents.

Thankfully I didn't have to wear handcuffs during that visit to Snohomish County, lol!

-Badger

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

badger wrote:
Last week I took the wife out to dinner at Billy McHale's (awesome decor!) in Lynnwood, WA. Did a little shopping afterwards in surrounding shops. OC'ed the whole time without any incidents.

Thankfully I didn't have to wear handcuffs during that visit to Snohomish County, lol!

-Badger
:D
I think you are the first person here to sue an agency over an OC detainment.

just_a_car

imported post

I've OC'd at that Billy McHale's more than a couple times without issue. I've never had issue with the area around Alderwood Mall, surprisingly.