• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When is the next OCDO meeting in South King County?

knight_308

imported post

I'd like to attend a meeting with some other (more knowledgeable than I) folks to get over my initial nervousness about OC. I frankly don't have the $$$ to fight a massive legal fight or replace one of my guns if I run into a cop with a problem and screw up.

I've been lurking for a while and gotten close, but I always chicken out :(.

compmanio365

imported post

I'm not sure if there is any fires to fight this month, but I am definitely up for a lunch in South King Co.....since you are local, any ideas for good food that could seat up to 20 for lunch? And you are aware it's usually the third Sunday of the month, correct?

Welcome to the forum, BTW, and once you OC in a group, it does get easier to do it solo as well......hopefully we'll see you at this next meeting!

knight_308

imported post

I dunno, I usually try to keep it cheap. Red Robin is always a safe bet. There's also a place in Renton that sells exotic meats, like kanagaroo burgers. It wouldn't be good for 20, though.

There's Claim Jumper in Tukwila.

The Whistlestop in Renton is nice, but I'm not sure if it's posted by the liquor board or not. I don't think it is.

just_a_car

imported post

knight_308 wrote:
I dunno, I usually try to keep it cheap. Red Robin is always a safe bet. There's also a place in Renton that sells exotic meats, like kanagaroo burgers. It wouldn't be good for 20, though.

There's Claim Jumper in Tukwila.

The Whistlestop in Renton is nice, but I'm not sure if it's posted by the liquor board or not. I don't think it is.
Claim Jumpers in Tukwila is on our Pro-Gun List, located here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/3630-1.html

Feel free to support them with your money and don't hesitate you chose them over other establishments because they are pro-gun (and on our list).

ducttape2

imported post

I'm in South Seattle. Let me know when you are going to meet up. I normally work business hours, but I am also on the road quite a bit over the next month.

Thanks!

badger

imported post

Count me in your total. We're moving from Downtown Seattle to Kirkland on the 21st of June, but besides then my schedule is wide open.

-Badger

just_a_car

imported post

If you guys plan on going to Claim Jumpers, I would love to join you, depending on when you go (I'm available all week, as I'm off of school until Monday). Their food was excellent and the quantity was matched by the price... i.e., even though the prices seemed high, there was more than enough food to match it.

Derka

imported post

If you guys are interested, there is a nice little place in Auburn that I have OC'd at without incident a couple of times. It's called the Sun Break Cafe, not very expesive and great portions. The have their own bakery, and make some wonderful food. I'm not sure how late they are open though, as they don't serve dinner.